PDA

View Full Version : Accutrigger Spring

mugsie
11-01-2011, 11:41 AM
Mods - didn't see a Gunsmithing section so please move this where your feel is appropiate.

I purchased a used Savage, the guy before me really screwed up the spring (pun intended!). I called Savage and they will not sell me the 6 oz spring - apparently they need to put it in there I guess. They will however sell a 1.5 lb spring for $2.00 and a letter saying I am going to install it and will release them from any liability should I do it wrong etc. I have no problem with these conditions.

Next they told me they have a $10.00 minimum order. I can understand that too. So - rather than pay $10.00 for a $2.00 spring, does anyone know who sells either the 6 oz spring or the 1.5 lb spring, or is there some reliable substitute I can use to replace the existing one?

Thanks....

82boy
11-01-2011, 02:49 PM
You are lucky that savage will sell you any spring, at one time they would not. The target accu-trigger doesn't get its 6oz advertised weight from the spring the sear is compleatly diferent. If I remember right it is the same spring as the silver spring (1.5 lbs) SSS may have the spring in stock, they are about the only company I know of that can get springs.

lal357
11-01-2011, 06:56 PM
not sure about that 82boy i just swapped in a red blade that didnt come with the sear i used the one that was on my varmint trigger and it works fine and safe. not sure how low it is but its lighter the my mod 12 lrpv with the same blade next i'm goning to try and put the varmint trigger on a older mod 110 and use that sear. it might not suppose to be done this way but its working fine we figure it is set around 8 0z.

airaddict
11-01-2011, 09:50 PM
I got replacement normal accutrigger springs from SSS cuz i successfully modified mine down to 14oz. I would only use that spring for bench work. I was to scared to keep it on my rifle for hunting.....hence the replacement. That spring wire is super hard and it took some careful work w needle nose pliers to snip off the right amount and rebend the part that sticks up into the whole on the underside of the tang.

Brian