PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: What to do with 2 MK2s

shaman
10-30-2011, 09:36 AM
I have a used MK2 in LR with a rifle basix trigger, and a NIB MK2 FV in hm2. The LR came with a benchrest thumbhole stock, and a BSA 8-32 scope. I have a DIP 25 MOA base, a Millett LRS-1, BV stock, and a Centerpoint 4-16 scope sitting around. I have considered getting a Boyd's Evolution for the hm2, and cutting one or both of them down and maybe getting them threaded. I bought the 22LR for a big scope(LRS-1) to get used to shooting at longer ranges, and I think that the hm2 will be a good varminter. The idea of buying different kinds of ammo and shooting them all in the 22LR is just a little too much for what I have time for right now. Still need to get the bottom metal, (dad tells me that the savagegunsmithing I bought didn't fit at all) and maybe a trigger guard since if I dump the FV stock, or doing this
http://photos.imageevent.com/cjnmn/guns/websize/Glensdogs%20040.jpg with heavier bottom metal.

Just putting out the stuff that I have for the 2 guns, and wondering what everyone would put together with the parts listed.

Jericho
11-19-2011, 08:09 PM
I was thinking today if Savage would sell me a Mark II in 17HM2 w/bull barrel, but swap the synthetic stock for
a brown laminate?

shaman
11-19-2011, 08:12 PM
TOtally forgot about this thread. Maybe try the custom shop?