PDA

View Full Version : ER SHAW 6mm Group Buy

Pages : [1] 2

10-29-2011, 08:20 PM
SO after the 4th "they were supposed to ship, but...." Does any one know if we can expect them by Christmas, since we are already pushing missing hunting season? Don't get me wrong, the price is good, and I don't expect too much out of these barrels, I just hate hearing all the "it should ship" stuff. What is going on with ER SHAW?

airaddict
10-29-2011, 09:11 PM
It doesnt surptise me. When i was shopping around for a 308 barrel, er shaw said their turn around time was above 18 wks! I said no thanks to that cuz mcgowan had a 6-8 week turn around.

I know er shaw does more than just savage barrels so thats prob why their waits are so long. Not saying they make bad products but they do make well priced products and in this ecomony well priced is more popular. Just my .02 cents. Im in no rush so it dont matter. I always have a backup rifle for deer season anyway.

lskok
10-29-2011, 10:59 PM
Sorry guys, I hate to have kept posting emails regarding the delays. Aren't you glad you don't have to pay up front :) I really hope to hear by the end of next week that they are on the way.

I hope to cut down on the delays by doing things a bit different on the next group buy. I have already put the order in with ER Shaw for the next one even though I have not advertised it yet. I hope that by waiting a while before taking customer orders, I can get the time between order and delivery to under 30 days.

Regards,

Lance

jimbo88mm
10-30-2011, 03:53 AM
I really hope to hear by the end of next week that they are on the way.

Does this include the 6.5 Varmint barrels that was recently closed?

No rush.. just curious :)

BoilerUP
10-30-2011, 06:24 AM
What's the next GB, 7mm varmint contours? ;D ;D ;D

savageboy
10-30-2011, 09:04 AM
"Does this include the 6.5 Varmint barrels that was recently closed? " curious too. No hurry on my part at all

11-01-2011, 05:28 PM
"How about you'll get it when you get it, would that have been better?"

How about get it right the first time, now that would be better! ::) It isn't Lance's fault, he is the one trying to smooth things over. I just wish these companies would get their poop in a group and make their dead lines like the rest of us have to.

Lance, acually I would rather pay for it right away. That way it is paid off and ready to go when it gets here, rather than ordering and X months later seeing a charge on the card. Either way isn't a big deal, but you asked so I answered! ;D

I hope you are right BoilerUP, 7mm would be great!

airaddict
11-01-2011, 05:42 PM
+ 1 on 319.

I like paying for things up front so i can start workin on payin them off on my CC. That way if it does run a few months its paid off by the time i get it instead of just starting to pay it off when i get it 2 mths down the road. JMHO.

Brian

earl39
11-01-2011, 06:53 PM
+ 1 on 319.

I like paying for things up front so i can start workin on payin them off on my CC. That way if it does run a few months its paid off by the time i get it instead of just starting to pay it off when i get it 2 mths down the road. JMHO.

Brian

I agree also. Pay up front then i don't have to worry about it any more. When i get it it is paid for. I also think these companies should get it together about deadlines. I have to meet mine at work what makes them special. We are not saying i want it NOW we are asking when will you get it to us. They give an answer that should be rather close. It is not like this is the first rodeo they have rode the bull in.

Lance thanks for trying to get things smoothed out. We understand none of the delays are your fault and i am not picking on Shaw, they are not the only gun related company that can't seem to get a decent estimate on completion times. It seems to be industry wide.

Ok i said my peace now lets all go shoot something.

Gary

BoilerUP
11-01-2011, 08:14 PM
I guess I'm the oddball that would rather keep his until the product is available and ready to ship

Gives me more time to save cash for the purchase so I don't have to pay any CC interest, and allows ME to keep my money instead of a third party.

I'd like to put another plug in for 7mm barrels...papa needs a 284!

montana bob
11-01-2011, 09:17 PM
How about a plug for a 7 mm in 7x57

trailrider121
11-01-2011, 10:14 PM
280 AI would be nice.... ;D

lskok
11-01-2011, 10:25 PM
Ok, I'm going to have to break the news that the next group buy is not going to be 7mm. It is going to be 30 cal. How about I do a 7mm to follow the 30 cal?

I already have the 30 cal order placed with ER Shaw, but I'm not going to open up ordering until we get the 5.56mm and 6mm orders delivered. That way Shaw has a head start on the production and your delivery time will seem shorter :)

I'm going to arrange a site visit and facility tour with Shaw here in the next couple of months. That way I can better understand what type of challenges they face with their manufacturing process and delivery schedules.

Also you comments on paying up front have been noted. On any future orders, please make make a comment in the notes section that you want to pre-pay the order. I don't have any issues with taking money up front ;D

Regards,

Lance

romulus
11-01-2011, 11:34 PM
I voted down the .30 lineup as I have too many already. :-\

I would have snatched up a 7saum if they were going to come soon, but I'm just going to order a 30" Rock Creek now.

Is there any magic voodoo dust I can sprinkle around the forum so we can get an 8mm group buy going? Thin chance I know, lol. I've got a real bad itch for 325 WSM I just need to scratch. ;D

nuclabuyer
11-08-2011, 10:08 PM
I asked him about a 7mm GB a couple months ago and he said the it would 2012 before that was offered. I am need of 1 or 2 7 saum barrels.

BoilerUP
11-08-2011, 10:22 PM
I asked him about a 7mm GB a couple months ago and he said the it would 2012 before that was offered.

Good thing 2012 is only a couple months away then, right?

dead_end
11-14-2011, 02:59 PM
Ok, I'm going to have to break the news that the next group buy is not going to be 7mm. It is going to be 30 cal. How about I do a 7mm to follow the 30 cal?

I already have the 30 cal order placed with ER Shaw, but I'm not going to open up ordering until we get the 5.56mm and 6mm orders delivered. That way Shaw has a head start on the production and your delivery time will seem shorter :)

I'm going to arrange a site visit and facility tour with Shaw here in the next couple of months. That way I can better understand what type of challenges they face with their manufacturing process and delivery schedules.

Also you comments on paying up front have been noted. On any future orders, please make make a comment in the notes section that you want to pre-pay the order. I don't have any issues with taking money up front ;D

Regards,
Lance

Not minding your business for you but you may want to check with your lawyer and see if prior consent
(in the note section) for billing, OK's delayed shipping. Shooters are some of the nicest people on the planet
and I don't think you'll ever have a problem from them. You do, however, have to protect yourself from antigunners
filing a mail fraud complaint.

piroguejoe
11-14-2011, 03:48 PM
+1 on the 7mm. .284 gets no love

teebirdhyzer
11-15-2011, 02:24 PM
Anybody heard if these were shipped by Shaw to the Gun Shack yet?

lskok
11-15-2011, 03:44 PM
Anybody heard if these were shipped by Shaw to the Gun Shack yet?

Yes finally!! They are on the way to us. We will have them in a few days and will start fulfilling orders.