PDA

View Full Version : New to Savage and Long Guns; New to site

sdj
11-12-2009, 08:21 PM
Thought I would introduce myself. New member here. New to long guns, "long range" shooting, which for me is 300 yards. ;D

Just got my new Savage Low Profile Varminter (Model 12, .308 1:10) up and running and sighted in. Lots of fun. Accurate as heck with good ammo (FGMM 175).

Please find pic attached.

Look forward to exploring this site and long range shooting.

All the best,

SDJ.

PS: Don't seem to be able to find the attachment function, so I'll just point you to the rifle I have:

http://www.savagearms.com/12Varminter.htm

Fjold
11-12-2009, 09:48 PM
Welcome. Pull up a chair, sit down and join the fun. There are a bunch of people on here who know a lot about getting the most out of Savage rifles.

GaCop
11-13-2009, 07:09 AM
Welcome aboard! Your in for a learning experience. Many, many knowledgeable people here.

Doug B.
11-13-2009, 08:31 AM
I've been hanging out here for a very short time and figured I'd chime in. I've recently become a first time Savage owner. I've wanted a '99 for years and recently acquired a 99 EG, 1953 model in .300 Savage caliber. Had a chance to shoot it for the first time yesterday with my "home brews", and I must admit I had a pretty good time! Looks like a great bunch of people here and I am looking forward to my "stay".

Doug B.