PDA

View Full Version : Getting Bell and Carson to support the Savage Long Action models.

Pages : 1 [2]

barrel-nut
11-16-2011, 12:18 PM
Well, I'm sure this won't be a popular position, but I'll be d@!ned if I'll beg any company to take my money, no matter how bad I may like their product. I have a couple of B&C stocks, and love them, but businesses are supposed to persuade US to buy their products (advertising), not the other way around, especially in this current economy. That being said, I admit to being more than somewhat contrarian in my views on a lot of things, and I do understand why you would want a LA Medalist..

I know this is a huge flip-flop from the above statement, but as a last-ditch effort, if you are really serious, and don't agree with my ornery take on this, try this approach.
Maybe you could gather names and phone #'s of members who definitely would order one, and after you get 50 or 75 or so, the more the better, send a registered letter to their customer service department, sort of in the form of an order for a new product. Maybe include the # of B&C products each guy already owns, or maybe a total. Then politely state that none of these people will be FUTURE B&C customers if they continue to be unresponsive to their customers' requests. Crazy? Yes. Effective? Who knows. If they then continue to treat Savage owners as redheaded stepchildren, then I say to heck with 'em. Give your money to another company who actually appreciates you.
By the way, I don't own any long actions, nor would I be interested in ordering a stock for one.

fgw_in_fla
11-17-2011, 06:39 AM
Point in fact ---- I've been looking for a pair of stocks for my 270 & 30.06 all to no avail. The options are very limited. I really don't want to take out a mortgage for a stock & I don't want something that's as cheapo as what I have.
My email is sent, too.

I think it's a conspiracy against the long action guys. I'm gonna write my congressman (like that'll do any good).

barrel-nut
11-17-2011, 03:04 PM
I think there's somebody in B&C's management who has a grudge against Savage owners. I actually called them several years ago after I bought a 10FP short action center feed, wanting to replace the factory plastic with a Duramax. When I bought the gun, I didn't realize they didn't offer a Duramax for center feed actions. So I called to ask if there were any plans to offer such a stock. The rep I spoke with very snidely told me that not only were they not currently offering a CF Duramax, that I should not look for one in the future, either. Hence my distaste for B&C ( customer service, not products). You know, not "we'll certainly take that into consideration" or "we're not planning on it now, but that could change if there's enough demand", but "don't look for it in the future". Reading between the lines, it sounded like "not even if 10,000 of you knuckle draggers want it". Not gonna happen.

This makes no sense to me. Surely they have sold thousands of the Duramaxx stocks over the years; why not offer a CF Duramaxx, and a LA Medalist?

CAPTBEACH
11-19-2011, 11:56 AM
I too think it boils down to someone in the decision making loop that is somewhat of an ELITIST REMINGTON SNOB...please...correct me if I am wrong but doesn't SAVAGE make more bolt action rifles than Remington AND Winchester put together? Seems like a "stepping on your own dick" moment to me...

I also have gotten the "dont hold your breath" emails and responses when I call B&C...

Maybe Stocky could weigh in here as he has a corporate relationship with them...

Sometimes I wonder if the president of B&C knows about the decisions the production managers and sales staff are making in regards to supporting Savage and Savage LA in particular. It really seems like all it boils down to is some additional time spent tooling and CAD'ing the mods into the SA line...

Capt Beach

barrel-nut
11-19-2011, 02:50 PM
"Sometimes I wonder if the president of B&C knows about the decisions the production managers and sales staff are making in regards to supporting Savage and Savage LA in particular. It really seems like all it boils down to is some additional time spent tooling and CAD'ing the mods into the SA line...

Capt Beach"
[/quote]

+1

BoilerUP
01-15-2012, 01:42 PM
Bumping this old thread because I just discovered Bell & Carlson has a Facebook page.

May not help the cause of getting them to make a good stock for the long-action Savage, but I figure posting on their wall how you're interested in a M40/A2/A3 Medalist for a long action 110 can't hurt...especially with the SHOT show coming up this week.

jsthntn247
01-23-2012, 06:11 PM
I am getting on their facebook sight and doing that right now. Just added a +1 for savage long action medalist options.

I sure wish everyone else would do the same. Here is the link, only takes a minute.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bell-and-Carlson/123876127629793

moneymaker
01-24-2012, 12:31 AM
Hoping after 10 years they could get the tooling right to cut a duramax stock to really be a true drop in stock,but they didnt,got one today and after calling them several times and sanding ,chisleing and dremiling well the stock is wasted and no money back or exchange for one they think might fit,not real happy with there product or customer service!!!!!!!!!!!! Just out $120 is all