PDA

View Full Version : Anyone own/owned a Model 10 FM Sierra?

tobnpr
10-24-2011, 03:13 PM
Recently purchased one (non-Accutrigger) in 7-.08, and information on them is scarce to non-existent.
I bought it with the intent of just using the action (with a new Timney) for a heavy-barrel target build, but was wondering how I might expect it to shoot "stock"...

Any feedback is appreciated.

wbm
10-24-2011, 09:06 PM
The Savage Sierra was offered as a "Scout" rifle. Saw one for sale at Ozark Guns with an Accutrigger. If you are going to shoot it as is, then the 7-08 is known to be a very accurate caliber. Best way to find out is to start reloading.

tobnpr
10-25-2011, 10:53 AM
Thanks..already heavy into handloading (a requirement with two sons that like to shoot more than I). I was just wondering if the factory barrel contour might get me moa accuracy, or if I'll need to go with an aftermarket in a Varmint contour. No idea how these shot out of the box, the one on the way "supposedly" has only 100 rounds down the tube.

ellobo
10-25-2011, 02:48 PM
Accuracy of the light wgt. factory barrels should be as accurate as any other, IF, you let it cool between shots. When you get that rifle check the mtg screws to see they are tight, check for the barrel and tang floating and decopper if needed and it should be a good shooter. Buying a rifle unseen is always a crap shoot. If it is an accustock and has the adjustment screw you will need instructions on how to set it up if it isnt shooting decent groups. Good luck.

El Lobo