PDA

View Full Version : Older Savage 110 3006 help

ptisd335
10-24-2011, 08:57 AM
I picked up an older Savage 110 3006 for 100.00 dollars. My question is what kind of Savage 110 is it. The serial Number starts with a (F) the scope mounts are weaver type mounts that made on to the receiver and the guy i got the Savage from thought it was bought at Kmart or Wal-Mart but he was not sure. I was also told by the guy I got the gun from it was bought between 1985 and 1995. The gun looks like it has never been shot the action is smooth and the barrel is clean. 100.00 dollars I don’t think I could go wrong but who knows.

ellobo
10-24-2011, 05:10 PM
At one time Savage made some rifles that had the scope base as part of the reciever and some others brazed on. If they allow the scope to be adjusted with no problems and the rifle is in the shape you say then you have a bargain. Make sure the mounting screws are tight, the barrel and tang are free floated and no copper in the barrel, you should have a shooter.

El Lobo

Eric in NC
10-24-2011, 06:45 PM
If it has a wood stock without pillars I would put pillars in and bed it or get a different stock. That was the weak point (my opinion) of that era of Savages (the wood can/will compress over time).

It should have a "three screw" trigger which can be adjusted for a nice crisp pull.

ptisd335
10-24-2011, 10:05 PM
If it has a wood stock without pillars I would put pillars in and bed it or get a different stock. That was the weak point (my opinion) of that era of Savages (the wood can/will compress over time).

It should have a "three screw" trigger which can be adjusted for a nice crisp pull.

Why would you pillar the bed? The stock is pillared..

ellobo
10-26-2011, 07:22 PM
If the stock has pillars it isnt that old. Is it a wood stock or plastic? If it is as old as you say then someone added the pillars. In any event, you made one hellova deal.

El Lobo

ptisd335
10-26-2011, 10:10 PM
The gun was made the summer of 1990 according to Savage the 110 has a wood stock that is not free floated but it shoots very well I got a chance to shoot it today.