PDA

View Full Version : Sav-1 Riflebasix trigger safety concerns

jinx-)
10-24-2011, 01:49 AM
Just few weeks ago I changed factory trigger on my 111 Savage to Sav-1 from Riflebasix, I had few range sessions with it and I love how light and crisp it breaks, but today it slamfired on me. Do you think my weight of pull is set to light or somehow some of the adjustment screws got loose and I should loctite them so them slamefires won't occur again?

ellobo
10-24-2011, 01:57 AM
If it was fine before but all of a sudden slammed on you I suspect it was just an accident waiting to happen. reset a little heavier, slam the bolt closed a few times, bounce the butt on the floor a few times. If no slamfires, blue locktite the screw or use nailpolish. A little heavier a pull should still be light and crisp.

El Lobo

jinx-)
10-24-2011, 11:48 AM
I just tested it, same way I did when I installed it, but now its slamfires every time I hard close bolt, I think something did change in its configuration. This time I locktite them screws and I'll be watching for slamfires from now on.

efm77
10-25-2011, 05:38 AM
I've installed two of them and haven't had any problems. But I did use loktite initially when I installed them. Sounds like one of your screws moved.

jinx-)
10-25-2011, 06:33 AM
Yeah I think they did, I lighten up sear engagement screw so I hope it won't slamfire on me again. hi-tech was correct it was new trigger probably with sharp edges and its in process of break in, so those edges got smooth-out so sear engagement screw had to be lighten up a bit. By the way what dry lube are you using? I had some VersaChem Dry Powder extra fine graphite lube I got from Autozone.

noelfr
10-25-2011, 11:10 AM
Have bought two. First was totally mechanically screwed up. Hours work w/ file and dremel got it to where it worked w/ no safety issues. Bought second "improved' and current model. Most dangerous trigger i've ever had. Sometimes would slamfire/sometimes not/somtime just went off while sitting in bags w/ no-one touching. Luckily I had bought it from Brownells who refunded the money. Be very careful.

jinx-)
10-25-2011, 08:50 PM
noelfr, are you serious about Riflebasix problems? when I was researching aftermarket triggers I didn't see any negative feedback on them... I ordered my directly from Riflebasix, I guess I'll give them a call, but so far slamming bolt didn't produce slamfires...