PDA

View Full Version : Bedding the action

SavageMan
10-23-2011, 04:41 PM
Hey guys, new here and I just picked up a new 111 in the 7mm rem.
I'm not sure where the correct location of this thread should be so if it needs moved please do so.
My plans for this long gun is a long range hunting rifle. Now, long range to me is 500 yrds. If I'm able to get more...then that is just icing on the cake.
Anyway, my question is about bedding the action. In truth I don't know alot about the acustock or the savage line, only that they are gaining a reputation of being an excellent rifle and very accurate out of the box. That being said, I still want to accurize this gun as much as reasonable possible. So, will I gain anything from bedding the action or not. I do understant that the action is allready in an aluminum square box that touches on both sides and the bottom.
If you have any other tips for me I would appreciate it. I'm also gonna put on a picatinny one piece to help stiffen the action. What is ya'lls opinion on that too?
Thanks,
SavageMan.

GaCop
10-24-2011, 06:06 AM
Welcome to the forums SavageMan. I don't own any accustock rifles so can't say what the method is for bedding one. Skim bedding the action on the bedding block may or may not help accuracy but it surely won't hurt anything. I'm sure a forum member who has experience in this area will steer you in the right direction.

jackhammer922
09-29-2013, 07:58 AM
I have the exact same question and any info would be much appreciated.

RP12
09-29-2013, 12:50 PM
The accu-stocks bedding block flexes (for lack of a better word) when you tighten the take down screws, would this be counter productive, as the bedding material my crack when you tighten the screws ?