PDA

View Full Version : New Here w/ the beginning of a Stevens 200 build

deltagunner00
10-23-2011, 03:04 PM
I have been browsing this site for some time now and must say I have picked up a ton of info and it is very informative. I purcased a Stevens 200 in 308 maybe 2 months ago. So far I have this... http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad112/wellsj54/Stevens200-1.jpg

I think I know where I want to go with it for the most part. Next would be a new stock, extended bolt knob and trigger. I want the Bell and Carlson Medalist A2. I am not set on trigger yet between SSS Comp or the Rifle Basix.

I will probably use the factory barrel for a while but I do evenutally want to get something heavier in either a varmint or bull barrell. So, as far as the new stock I would purchase the B&C stock to fit the varmint or bull barrels in them. It will look a little funny while my current barrel would be in there but I can live with that until I get a new heavier barrel down the road.

Anyway, nice site and after all of that do you have anything to add or opinions? Thanks a bunch.

ellobo
10-23-2011, 07:19 PM
Welcome to the brotherhood of the barrel nut. What caliber will your new barrel be? That .308 would make a good feral hog barrel considering the problem you have down there with those critters. All we have up here in NH is those big Russian boars and they are few and far between. Some yrs back a fellow shot one that dressed 568 lbs. Took 8 shots from a 308 to drop him. one inch thick hide on his chest and shoulders.

El Lobo