PDA

View Full Version : blind box mag install!

buzduk
10-22-2011, 08:12 PM
I am having to replace the factory box mag in my 112. What is the trick to getting this guy in?

pdog06
10-22-2011, 09:19 PM
is the magbox currently attached to the action(older model staggerfeed action), or is it currently mounted into the stock(newer model centerfeed action)?

buzduk
10-22-2011, 09:45 PM
It is mounted into the action with a front and rear lip but can't get both in at the same time.

geargrinder
10-22-2011, 11:04 PM
Rest the barreled action at an angle on something soft with the barrel pointing up. Start the rear tab in the action. Get the biggest screwdriver you've got and put it in the crook between the mag box and tab, pushing at an angle. Smack the screw driver with the palm of you hand and it should pop right in.

handirifle
10-22-2011, 11:40 PM
Rest the barreled action at an angle on something soft with the barrel pointing up. Start the rear tab in the action. Get the biggest screwdriver you've got and put it in the crook between the mag box and tab, pushing at an angle. Smack the screw driver with the palm of you hand and it should pop right in.

+1
might need to whack (official term) it with a rubber mallet to get it in there. Not very scientific, or gentle, but that's how it's done. If you try to "compress" it, it might take a permanent set.

buzduk
10-23-2011, 11:36 AM
Thanks guys it popped in after a few assaults. Is it normal to have to bend the mag lips in a little to make sure that it holds the rounds tight and strips and loads them correctly?

Werewolf
10-23-2011, 12:17 PM
A few assaults! :D I love it! No longer do I try, it is an all out assault!

geargrinder
10-23-2011, 01:45 PM
Thanks guys it popped in after a few assaults. Is it normal to have to bend the mag lips in a little to make sure that it holds the rounds tight and strips and loads them correctly?

Glad you got it.

Yes, it's quite normal to "tune" the mag lips.

handirifle
10-23-2011, 10:53 PM
Yes, especially after it's been "assaulted". :o ;D