PDA

View Full Version : Newb question

stroker ace
11-12-2009, 10:11 AM
Can a model 12 bvss single shot be converted into a repeater ? I'm asking just incase i don't care the singleshot. Found an awesome deal of one at a local gunshop for $400 dollars with only 2 shots out of barrel. thanks for any help

jlcpls
11-12-2009, 11:22 AM
It can but you'd be pi$$ing away money to have a mag cut milled into the action.

I'd sooner trade you a repeater.

If you don't like it, resell it and get the one you like. That's about the only time I'll say that about a Savage.

stroker ace
11-12-2009, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the reply Jethro,,only ever had one single shot and it was a model 24 .222 over 20g, but thats like comparing apples to oranges in this case. Guess its something new to try, like you said i could resell it,bet some on here would buy the .223 ,at least i won't be like the first owner who traded it "because it didn't feel like his beloved tikka's ".

jlcpls
11-12-2009, 04:47 PM
Shooting the single shot bolt is just a different learned response. Have to drop a round in each time, and when used for bench or precision varminting, then the mojo will flow just fine.

For a walking hunting gun, you probably want a repeater, but for stationary sets, you'll be fine.

Enjoy it.