PDA

View Full Version : Rear Bags used on SSS Dog Tracker Stock or Other SSS Stocks with 1/2 Inch butt.

stinkitup
10-19-2011, 06:03 PM
Hi

I have a Dog Tracker coming from SSS, should be in the mail somewhere at the minute. I was wanting to know what Rear bags people are using with the SSS stocks with 1/2 inch butts. I will be shooting LRBR and FClass and thinking a larger bag for stability but want a bag it will track nice in and NOT! jump in etc.

Sorry not sure what other section this should be in so figured its still an aftermarket stock.

Ryan

savageboy
10-19-2011, 06:18 PM
I shoot F class w/ a SSS stock (see my posts elsewhere on this site) I use the SEB rear bag and have been very happy w/ it. Filled it w/ the "heavy sand" and it stabilizes the whole thing so that it mattered at 1000yds, taking me from the middle of the pack to closer to the front, w/ the addition of the rear bag and Nightforce 12-42x br scope. Thats all I changed. I could, aim better, it was more solid , etc.

ICUDIEN
10-19-2011, 10:54 PM
I run a Edgewood Gater bag which I LOVE. Like savageboy said it makes a big difference.

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x423/hoier01/08e54c2c.jpg

82boy
10-20-2011, 12:29 AM
Protector 14 bag. or bumble bee bag bassed off a 14 bag, Single stich works great.

stinkitup
10-20-2011, 03:44 AM
Thanks 82Boy and ICUDIEN, do you shoot with SSS stocks or 1/2 butts on your stocks?

I have access to the bigfoot from SEB rests, looks very similar to the edgwood. I currently have a heavy based protektor but cannot see the stock sitting between the ears on that one. Their DR bumblebee looks good too.

Ryan

82boy
10-20-2011, 10:29 AM
Thanks 82Boy and ICUDIEN, do you shoot with SSS stocks or 1/2 butts on your stocks?

Yup sure do.

stinkitup
10-20-2011, 09:55 PM
Thanks guys.

ICUDIEN
10-20-2011, 11:44 PM
I am going to be shooting a Stockade with a 5/8" butt. But the good thing about Edgewood is you can order them with different spacing for different width butts but they are spendy. If I had to do it again I would get the "mini-gater".

stinkitup
10-21-2011, 06:24 AM
82 Boy is a single stitch tight? I'm pretty sure mine is a 14 with bunny ears or perhaps its the rabbit ones (the longer ones I think) Do you ride yours on the ears on on the top of the bag?

I thought most target shooters tend to ride there stocks actually on the bags and use the ears to keep it aligned etc?

Ryan

Protector 14 bag. or bumble bee bag bassed off a 14 bag, Single stich works great.

82boy
10-21-2011, 10:32 AM
82 Boy is a single stitch tight? I'm pretty sure mine is a 14 with bunny ears or perhaps its the rabbit ones (the longer ones I think) Do you ride yours on the ears on on the top of the bag?
I thought most target shooters tend to ride there stocks actually on the bags and use the ears to keep it aligned etc?
Ryan

Yes, a single stich is tight, the more stiches you put in it the wider the ears get. All my guns have a faily flat bottom, no drop. The 13 bag is a rabbit ear, the 14 bag is a bunny ear. I like the long ears. I pack my rear bags tight, and the stock rides on the bottom half of the ears, and not the bottom of the bag. If you read Mike Ratigans book "Extreme Rifle Accuracy" you will find he uses the same set up as I do. Ask Fred what he uses on his stocks, he is been very competitive in the long range BR game. When I have shot with him he has shot a single stich bald eagle bag with short ears, and a heavy bottom, (Almost the same bag as a protektor 14b ((I know because I have shot off of it)) or I have also see him shoot a protektor Dr bag with cordura short ears, that I believe is also single stich.

sharpshooter
10-21-2011, 12:51 PM
I actually use the #42 bumble bee, it is a double stitch. The DR. bag is a triple stitch. The Bald Eagle is a single stitch. You really don't want the stock to bottom between the ears, it should ride the ears, not the stitching.

stinkitup
10-24-2011, 05:08 PM
Thanks 82boy and Fred. Now just need to get the stocks out of the USA.

Cheers
Ryan