PDA

View Full Version : what model do i have?

BIG-CB
10-19-2011, 02:37 AM
I bought a .270 with a brush camo stock and matching Simmons scope. Blued barrel and accu-trigger. It says its a 111 but can't find any info on the net on it. Wanting to upgrade but not sure if its an XP? Xp3? Fxp3? Thanks in advance.

darkker
10-19-2011, 11:49 AM
I don't see that configuration in the most current rendition of Savage's catalog. Is it a clip gun, center-feed?
If you go to their site, they show the literature with the abbreviations, you can figure it out if it bothers you so much.

BIG-CB
10-19-2011, 04:58 PM
It's center feed. No clip. It's odd. I was just also wondering if it has accustock on it as well. Not sure how to tell if it does.

bootsmcguire
10-19-2011, 11:15 PM
I believe the accustock has the bolt release in the trigger guard and not on the side of the action.

sharpshooter
10-19-2011, 11:52 PM
The trigger guard bolt release does not necessarily mean it's in an accustock. Most I've seen have a big red sticker that says: ACCUSTOCK.

darkker
10-20-2011, 11:23 AM
Take the action out of the stock, if it has metal for rigidity in the stock; it's an accu-stock.

EdKin
10-20-2011, 07:22 PM
Look infront of the front action bolt if there is another that is for the accustock, if it only has the one bolt it's not an accustock. Some have had trouble readjusting the accustock if they remove the action from it thus affecting your groups.

ellobo
10-20-2011, 08:47 PM
iTS my understanding that the later model accustock rifles did not have that extra screw As Savage did away with that adjusting system. Best bet is to take the action and barrel out of the stock and check to see if it has the bedding block in it if no extra screw. Yours may or may not have that extra screw. If it does and you remove the rifle from the stock you will have to readjust it with that screw in which case you will need a set of insructions. If it is indeed an accustock wihout the screw that probably is a mark on the stock where the screw used to be from where they plugged the hole in the mold that made the stock. Confused yet?

El Lobo