PDA

View Full Version : couple of questions about a build i'm doing

lal357
10-18-2011, 09:22 PM
i picked up a 223 barrel from a member here last week and also picked up a red blade accutrigger from another site now heres where i am at right now .i removed the 308 barrel from my mod 12 to put on the 223 barrel and red blade accutrigger(its going to be a f t\r rifle)for now until i get all the parts for the 110 action. what i'm wanting to do in the end is make my 110 long action flat top rear into the f class gun by putting the 223 barrel on it with a single shot sled in the mag box and a accutrigger . i also what to add a egw base for it but on there site it says with out the accutrigger ? why would the trigger have anything to do with the scope base? also been think about how i can lighten up the bolt and came up with a few things
1 fluting the bolt body
2 swapping out the bolt handle for a tactical (is there a place i can get a bolt handle that has been drilled out for weight?)

wbm
10-18-2011, 11:14 PM
I may be wrong but I don't think any Accutriggers came on flat rear receivers. I have both flat-rear 110 actions and round-rear 110 actions and the base holes are drilled the same. Some vendors use "flat rear" and "round rear" to designate different bases. I don't think the Accutrigger is easily adaptable to a flat rear receiver. It can be done but I would go with a Rifle Basix or Sharpshooter trigger.

ESSCEE
10-19-2011, 03:27 AM
I agree with WBM I think they are describing the trigger for the flat back action as non a accutrigger, also there was a member on here I think that was selling bolt's that has a pre drilled version maybe he will answer this post if not I no SSS has aftermarket bolts and he may even drill one out for you he also does bolt fluting in a diamond pattern and can add colors too if so desired I got one its awesome.

lal357
10-19-2011, 05:20 AM
well i may have to rethink it then or try the trigger when my new one gets her today or tomorrow as for the bolt body SSS will be getting mine to flute/color it/them . my thinking was since is a paper puncher if i can get the bolt weight down then maybe i could adjust the trigger down even more to maybe 6oz. on this one with out it tripping . i've thought about the rifle basics the one that goes down to 4 0z. but i like the blade on the accutrigger i guess if i have to go that routew i can always put the spare on my sons 243 win.lol

csam
10-19-2011, 06:09 PM
Don't give up on the accutrigger, keep it around for the next action, and there will always be a next action.

sharpshooter
10-19-2011, 11:59 PM
The red blade accutrigger is no different from the standard version. The difference is in the sear that originally came with it. Without the mating sear, it is no better than the standard version.