PDA

View Full Version : 110D .22-250 Series H?

brandon5546
10-18-2011, 06:52 PM
Does anybody have any info on this rifle? I have a chance to buy one but i havent seen one. I take the H is for heavy barrel. does anybody have specs or pics? Dates it was made in?

ellobo
10-19-2011, 01:41 AM
Its an older model. It is Savages first attempt at a short cartridge rifle, long before they made an actual short action. The rear of the receiver is milled flat and you will need a scope base that is made for that. If it is in good shape it should be OK as a shooter. Just clean the bore well and use copper remover if it has been used a lot. If you are going to use it as a donor rifle to rebarrel I would avoid it. Those long action/short cartridge rifles are a pain to convert and almost impossible if you want to rebarrel to a long cartridge in the .30-06 length. The real short cartridge actions will be 2 digit models, like 10, 12 etc.

El Lobo

brandon5546
10-19-2011, 12:24 PM
thanks lobo, yea i knew the difference of the model numbers, just not the D part and the series H. he says bottom dollar on the gun is 350, it has a bad attempt of a camo paint job and a BSA on it. I dont think its worth it. plus what you said, i dont think im interested. thanks again.