PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket stock for savage "F" class rifle

300ultramag
10-18-2011, 12:53 PM
Guys: i am looking to replace the laminated stock on my "F" class 6.5x284 long range for something with a adjustable cheek rest similar to A5 design.looked at the russo A5 but it will run over $700.00 with options.any others to recommend .manners etc

hank440
10-19-2011, 03:20 PM
mannners t2a OR T5A

memilanuk
10-19-2011, 09:33 PM
I think about the cheapest options out there are the Stockade Prairie Dog Special or the SSS Laminate Varmint Tactical (wood copy of the first). The hardware upgrades for both are fairly inexpensive, relatively speaking. Pretty much anything else, whether from Russo, Precision Rifle & Tool, Manners, etc. are going to run north of $700 - far north. Choate does have a tactical stock that doesn't look too bad that I've considered a time or three that isn't too spendy.

Alternately, if the cheek piece is the big thing that you want on your 12 F-Class, you can order an add-on saddle style cheekpiece from Karsten and install it with a cordless drill at home for very little $$$. Thats what I did for my 12 F/TR, and it works great.

ICUDIEN
10-19-2011, 10:47 PM
If it were me I would look at the Stockade Longrange Benchrest stock in the "moneysaver" option with a adjustable cheekpiece which would run you $400 and is all you would need to do is slick her up and paint it.