PDA

View Full Version : bases and rings...10FCP-HS and Nikon Monarch 4-16x50SF

jetcycles
10-18-2011, 09:01 AM
I know what your thinking....not another dang base/ring thread. I actually searched this forum heavily last night but didn't find all the info I needed so here goes. I have a 10FCP-HS and a NIKON Monarch 4-16x50SF and I want to mount a 1 piece base (EGW or Weaver) with Burris XTR rings. Does the weaver base hang over the barrel nut like the EGW appears to do? What height rings with what base? I believe I can run low rings with the EGW base but I'll need medium rings with the Weaver base. Can anyone confirm this for me? I want this scope as low as possible. I will be running flip up caps. Any pictures provided would be awesome. Thanks for your help, this forum rocks!

jetcycles
10-26-2011, 12:36 PM
Wow! Not a single response in a week...no wonder there is so little traffic around this place. Using pictures and info gathered elsewhere on the net I ordered an EGW 20 MOA base and low Burris XTR rings. I'll update this with pics once I get everything mounted up...

GaCop
10-27-2011, 07:05 AM
No member response probably means the Weaver mount is not widely used, if at all. Yes, the EGW does over hang the barrel nut but if that becomes a problem, a Dremel or hacksaw rectifies the situation when needed and the cut is smoothed up with a file and colored with Birchwood Casey alumium black.

jetcycles
11-09-2011, 02:24 PM
Just a quick update; the EGW base and Burris XTR low rings were exactly what I was looking for. I ended up with about 1/4" of clearance between the scope and barrel. I'll update this thread with pictures asap. Hope this helps someone else.

JamesD
11-13-2011, 09:08 PM
Can you give me the part numbers you used? I have the same rifle as you but running a Wotac 4-14x50.

James

frank1947
12-02-2011, 10:58 PM
I didnt think those rings would work, I use all EGW base, but never used that ring I use Burris medium with the inserts cant remmeber I think signature or zee something like that.

jetcycles
12-06-2011, 02:00 PM
Sorry for the delayed reply. This forum is awfully slooooooow so I rarely visit any more. I will post part numbers in the next few days, the info already provided should get you going though.

jetcycles
02-25-2012, 09:40 AM
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd267/jetcycles/Firepower/DSC_1078.jpg

pitsnipe
02-28-2012, 02:35 PM
Nice looking set up. Waiting for my FLCP-K to get here. And you helped me figure out what height rings I will need with my EGW 20 moa base and 50mm Leupold.