PDA

View Full Version : New Member- Frustrated with Accutrigger on 10PC

Whiskey Rebellion
10-16-2011, 02:05 PM
Hi- I'm a new member. I purchased a 10PC in .308 about 2 years ago. I have had consistent problems with the accutrigger locking up when closing the bolt unless being extremely gentle. I tried multiple "fixes" for this found online, like increasing the pull weight, etc. Nothing really fixed the problem.

I use this rifle for competitions and hunting, so the accutrigger locking is unacceptable. I also use this rifle for long-range precision shooting, so I need a decent trigger pull.

I purchased a SSS trigger, since it seemed to get the best reviews online. I dremeled the trigger to fit. Then I dremeled the bolt stop to function with the SSS trigger, only to find out that the SSS trigger will not fit in an accustock with the triggerguard bolt release.

I did the mods that are outlined in this post: http://savageshooters.com/SavageForum/index.php?topic=34406.0;wap2

After butchering the bolt release button and button retainer, the bolt release does not work at all.

Now I'm on the savage website ordering replacement parts for the ones that I dremeled trying to get the SSS trigger to work.

At this point I think I'm just going to re-install the accutrigger and sell the rifle unless I can find an aftermarket trigger that will work with a 10PC with accustock and triggerguard bolt release. Is there any decent aftermarket trigger that will definitely work with my rifle?

Thanks,
WR

1Shot
10-16-2011, 06:59 PM
..I bought a VLP Single Shot the other day & it had a problem with tripping the trigger...I just cut 2 1/2 coils off the accu-blade spring & it took care of the problem...Blade pull was heavy from the fac. Feels more like my other 1"s now..Problem was solved by the way.. Make sure it's not hitting in the stock..Could be binding somewhere...

Whiskey Rebellion
10-16-2011, 08:17 PM
Thanks, but I'd rather just buy a trigger that is reliable rather than continuing to mess with the accutrigger. I did some more research and it looks like the Rifle Basix SAV-1 might work on my rifle. I sent them an email and am waiting to hear back.