PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Boyds target hunter stock ?

Cserv
10-13-2011, 10:12 PM
Does anyone run one of these stocks, and if so what do you think of it? I am thinking about putting one on my mkIIfv. Looks like a better fit for my shooting than the tacticool I qas consideeing.

Chazbo
10-16-2011, 01:56 PM
I have one on a 93FV with DIP hardware and think it's great. The wrist is nicely sized, a pleasant change from the 2x4 feel of my BV's stock. The forend is very wide for sitting on bags, but is extremely comfortable to hold in your hand. Unlike a lot of target stocks that extend straight out with no upward taper to the forend tip, this stock tapers like a regular hunting stock, and the combination of taper and width makes for a happy marriage IMHO.

Despite the extra width up front, the stock isn't overly heavy, as there's a relief groove cut below the barrel channel, taking some of the weight out towards the end. My stock wasn't a perfect fit when first received, as there was some contact with the barrel on the left side, but 20 minutes with some sandpaper, and it now passes the free floating "dollar bill" test.

I have a Pentax 3-9x50 mounted with Leopold high rings, and my cheek weld is also comfortable. Previously, I'd considered the Boyd's Evolution stock to be my favorite by them, but the Target/Hunter's stolen the crown.

Cserv
10-17-2011, 06:42 AM
Thanks for the reply. It looked like would be a nice change from thumbholes or the tacticool options.