PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever get a straight answer from Bell and Carson LA Medalist Tactical?

CAPTBEACH
10-11-2011, 02:02 PM
Anybody ever get a straight answer from Bell and Carson LA Medalist Tactical? Ive emailed them 1/2 dozen times over the last year or two about a B&C Medalist Tactical for a SAVAGE LA...always...no we are not making them...when I follow up with when or why I never get a reply...Right now the LA is sorely under represented with CHOATE and STOCKADE on the low end and then MANNERS, McMillan and a couple of others on the very high end...

Tooling should be at a minimum, probably crank out a mold in 24-48 hours max should they decide to and then would almost OWN the low end market for LA...

Anybody ever got a straight answer from them?

I asked them the other day what the break even point would be, how many stocks pre-sold before they'd tool up and build...no answer...

Capt Beach

romulus
10-11-2011, 03:41 PM
They were really nice when I was just talking to them about their A5, but when I asked them to make a tactical or prone stock for a model seven the guy clammed up pretty hard. I know that is a whole lot more unreasonable than your request, but I was kinda like... can you not make one un-routed or work with me here?

But that's what custom stocks are for I guess.

Good luck with your proposal. If anywhere can get support going for that, it should be this place.

BoilerUP
10-13-2011, 08:09 AM
I would immediately buy two if they offered a LA A2 Medalist.

But since they won't, its a Duramaxx until enough pennies saved for a Manners.

pdog06
10-18-2011, 09:41 AM
I asked them the exact same question a couple years ago, as well as when they were gonna start making them for centerfeed actions(they werent doing them yet, but it was in the process). I was told a LA model wasnt in the works at that time but that they would look into it. I gave them all the scenarios you have also said(no mid-priced good synthetic stocks available except for Choate,TONS of LA's out there waiting to be upgraded,etc). Still nothing.

They have even posted on this site about this subject, but never gave any reason as to why they think it wouldnt sell.

GaCop
10-20-2011, 06:27 AM
I asked them the exact same question a couple years ago, as well as when they were gonna start making them for centerfeed actions(they werent doing them yet, but it was in the process). I was told a LA model wasnt in the works at that time but that they would look into it. I gave them all the scenarios you have also said(no mid-priced good synthetic stocks available except for Choate,TONS of LA's out there waiting to be upgraded,etc). Still nothing.

They have even posted on this site about this subject, but never gave any reason as to why they think it wouldnt sell.

I spoke with a company rep at the 2009 SHOT Show and pretty much got the same answer you did. I don't understand why stock makers think a long action stock won't be a money maker?

nuclabuyer
10-24-2011, 03:47 PM
I bought one and converted it fairly easy but I am like everyone else here, I dont know why they wouldn't make one. I am sure they would be an instant order of 20 from this website. I would think that it would sell at least as good as the short action stocks if not better.

CAPTBEACH
10-24-2011, 08:48 PM
I'm betting they could sell HUNDREDS...

romulus
10-24-2011, 09:40 PM
They may think there's no demand but there is no product for us to buy to let them know :o

Everyone has a boomer or two layin' around and a boomer or two to build. If you want them to make one, send them an email about it so they know there are people out there who want them.

nuclabuyer
10-24-2011, 10:59 PM
It would be kinda funny for everyone on this forum and that you know that wants them to make this stock to all call and send emails on the same day. We could let them know that way. It is kinda rude to do that, but they might get the hint if we got everyone to call one day.

romulus
10-24-2011, 11:00 PM
I may have already sent an email ;) so let's GOoooooo! ;D ;D

nuclabuyer
10-25-2011, 09:56 AM
K I sent an email also

CAPTBEACH
10-27-2011, 07:56 PM
I contacted Stocky via PM regarding a post in his forum...Maybe Stocky could convince them to allow him to be sole retailer for them...

Hel they make a Tactical Medalist for the HOWA...I'd bet there are more LA owners wanting to get a Tac medalist than all HOWA owners put together...LOL...

Capt Beach

romulus
10-28-2011, 01:50 AM
Ill send an email to Stockys too. I don't care what color at all. I'd prefer to get an a5 but if the medalist varmint tactical is more realistic for most builds I'd be more than thrilled.