PDA

View Full Version : 10 Precision Carbine actual weight

Sundo
10-07-2011, 12:23 AM
One reviewer found the actual weight of the Savage 10 Precision Carbine is 8.2 lbs, not the 7 lbs listed on Savage's web site:

http://www.snipercentral.com/sav10pc.phtml

Has anybody else found the 10 PC is significantly heavier than stated on Savage's web site? How about other models?

TIA.

memilanuk
10-07-2011, 10:51 AM
Yes, mine was about that much heavier as well. Not sure what scale the factory uses or if they just dream up the weights. I've never really compared the weights of any of the other guns.

janizary
10-07-2011, 11:27 AM
Hmmm. Never weighed either of my 10PCs (I've both the .308 and .223). Now I think I'm going to have to go put them on the scale.

J.Baker
10-07-2011, 02:14 PM
Savage's website isn't always the best reference for factory specs as it's usually full of errors. They use a standard template for the model pages, and a lot of times they will forget to change a spec or two. This is a perfect example as the 2011 catalog lists the weight at 8.0lbs.

dnsmith
10-09-2011, 12:34 AM
mine is right around 8 lbs before scope/sling/ammo. ive found it to be a really good compromise for whitetail hunting ... the heavy contour barrel gives consistent accuracy, but it's light and short enough for a carry rifle. OTOH its lighter than ideal for a long range/tactical rifle, and at the same time there are definitely lighter .308's out there for strict hunting rifles. i've been very pleased with mine, but it is what it is.