PDA

View Full Version : single shot adapter

longtimeshooter
10-06-2011, 12:24 PM
Does anyone make a single shot adapter for a older Stephens action?

darkker
10-06-2011, 06:05 PM
Stephens, or Stevens?
The Stevens are just standard Savage actions. Brownells sells them, Midway use to.

J.Baker
10-06-2011, 08:25 PM
What kind of Stevens action? The Stevens 200's can be staggered or center feed, then there's the older Savage 340 based Stevens (sorry, don't know the model # off the top of my head) which are a totally different animal.

notirhe
10-08-2011, 06:42 AM
Sharp Shooters Supply also shows several variations of single shot adapters on their website.

wbm
10-08-2011, 09:05 AM
Here is another. Really well made followers. http://www.scorehi.com/

bjones2571
10-14-2011, 02:13 PM
A while back I bought a Stocky's Stock to do a slight mod on a Stevens 200 in 270wsm. I didn't have everything I needed to bed the stock so put the box in the closet and didn't examine the stock carefully. A couple of weeks later I took the stock out and realized that the cutout for the mag well is way too big. The magazine just flops around in there. They refused to let me return the stock as it was outside their 10 day return window, even though when I ordered it I was told it would be a drop-in fit. Do you think I could use the SSS follower to convert the rifle to a single shot and still use the Stocky's stock? Or is it going to be a problem that the single shot follower is supposed to sit on top of the magazine?

Btw it was one of the Heritage Sporter stocks. Looks great, but I'm not happy with their CS or the fit.
http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-532/*NEW*-Heritage-Classic-Sporter/Detail

GaCop
10-15-2011, 06:48 AM
I take it your rifle is a centerfeed/ The Sharp Shooter Supply single shot follower will work as it snaps into the bottom of your action. Some say they had to trim theres a bit to fit but my experience was "drop in" and it fits tight. A bit of epoxy will help to hold a loose one in place. HTH :)

rjtfroggy
10-15-2011, 03:17 PM
bjones it doesn't take much effort to fit a centerfeed mag into a staggerfeed mag well.
Do a search here I think there are a few post on how to di it.