PDA

View Full Version : I got a business invitation today

Fjold
11-10-2009, 10:12 PM
As a lot of you know I travel for business on a regular basis and I thought that I was done for the year after a trip to Houston next week but I just got told that I have to go to "The Power Leaders Retreat at the Lodge in Cherokee, TX" the weekend of 11-13 December. The description of the event is:

The Lodge at Cherokee is a remote, 105 year old ranch house situated among beautiful live oaks on the Parker Ranch in Southeast San Saba County, Texas.

This will be a truly relaxed experience where we provide the opportunity to share your views on today's power, oil and gas markets or the performance of your generator set with other XXXXX company customers. Some of the other subjects that may be discussed in our informal setting include:

• The XXXX100
• The XXXX6000 NXGN Package
• The XXXX2500 Product family and Offshore Package Applications
• Service and Parts Programs
• Turnkey Services
• Project Financing
• International Marketing

The surroundings are great for photography, with abundant wildlife and beautiful landscapes. Additionally, we have white-tailed deer and wild hog hunting. So if you intend on hunting, you will need your rifle and hunting gear. Camp dress is definitely casual.

Boy, corporate life sucks sometimes. ;)

sinman
11-10-2009, 10:16 PM
To bad you have to go to that, it sure must be hard. haha good luck at your vacation or should i say meeting

Balljoint
11-10-2009, 10:38 PM
I really REALLY feel for you, have you packed your HUNTING EQUIP YET :o :o :o :o

sinman
11-10-2009, 11:14 PM
its not hunting equipment its "meeting equipment"

fl.hillbilly
11-11-2009, 12:21 AM
:'( my heart goes out to you in this time of need ,you lucky devil :D let me guess bullets
expended will count as business expenses ::) good luck in business and hunting, enjoy

BrentWin
11-11-2009, 11:25 AM
OK, I probably shouldn't do this, but, send me the info and I'll cover the meeting so that you can stay home and get some work done.

How many MW does our company generate? I might need that in conversation at the after hunt cocktail party.

GUNFANATIC
11-11-2009, 07:12 PM
I've hunted in San Saba County at Colorado Bend NWR. You most likely won't go back empty handed. The only drawback for me was the amount of Cedars. Ranches seem to bulldoze them once a year to keep 'm under control.

Fjold
11-11-2009, 08:39 PM
LOL, We've got 10 plants (510 MW) that use company XXXX's turbines and another 1200 or so MW of other brand turbines.

BrentWin
11-12-2009, 09:20 AM
LOL, We've got 10 plants (510 MW) that use company XXXX's turbines and another 1200 or so MW of other brand turbines.

OK, I can fake it from there. Any maintenance or performance issues during peak demand that I should bring up.

HRstretch
11-12-2009, 10:46 PM
My wife still after 26 years thinks I am full of shit when I tell that I have to hunt on a trip like this. Its not that I want to but it's expected of me and if I want to keep my job then I have to hunt. I have for these 26 years kept true to my story and I think in another 26 years I will have wore her down to where she doesn't care or out live her. You just got to keep to your story and really sell it. LOL

You will have a great time in Central Texas, look forward to your report of the business mentioned and photos of the products talked about all weekend. Wink, Wink.