PDA

View Full Version : 300 BLKOUT IN M10

Pages : [1] 2

Chameleoncamo
10-05-2011, 12:01 PM
anybody build a 300blkout in a m10 yet? Where did you get your barrel. thinking about getting one and screwing it on. Cant talk myself out of it

trappst
10-05-2011, 12:40 PM
Feeding (depending on the bullet) and ejection will be your main issue. Other than that, any company making Savage prefits could do one for ya. Pac-Nor does have the 300 blk listed on their available chambers.

I know of at least one person here who has one but don't recall who it was.

Varget 7-08
10-05-2011, 12:53 PM
I know one guy who does, he got a Mcgowen barrel, he hasn't fired it yet though. Hopefully soon he will though.

Chameleoncamo
10-05-2011, 01:19 PM
Feeding (depending on the bullet) and ejection will be your main issue. Other than that, any company making Savage prefits could do one for ya. Pac-Nor does have the 300 blk listed on their available chambers.

I know of at least one person here who has one but don't recall who it was.

what would make it harder to extract? and feed? i know its a .223 necked up so i got the bolt head. i can see feed being a problem on <200 gr bullets. I just dont see why extraction would be a problem

sha-ul
10-05-2011, 01:51 PM
I went with a shilen ss barrel with a 1:8 twist, for my 300 wtf build. prechambered, just had to headspace.
Feeding on my 110 seems ok thus far, but ejection was tricky. I had to file a bit on the ejector plunger. you lengthen the slot so the plunger can travel further,& the next step seems counter intuitive at first, but you file the end of the plunger to make it flat& remove the bevel/ chamfer on the end, this places the point of contact closer to the center of the case. allowing more range of motion before the case disengages the extractor.

Chameleoncamo
10-05-2011, 01:58 PM
what kind of extraction problems where u seeing before your modified your extractor?

sha-ul
10-05-2011, 02:25 PM
extraction was fine, but the case would drop off the extractor before you could pull the bolt back, so you were fishing for an empty case.

Chameleoncamo
10-05-2011, 05:32 PM
cf or pf?

sha-ul
10-05-2011, 06:10 PM
cf or pf?

Translate?

Chameleoncamo
10-05-2011, 07:22 PM
Center feed or push

bootsmcguire
10-05-2011, 09:28 PM
Chameleoncamo, Center-feed refers to the magazine type and Push feed refers to the bolt head type.

Savage has in the past offered Control-feed and Push-feed (current and most common style) bolt heads.

In the Magazines Savage has had Stagger-feed and Center-feed Style mags.

If Sha-ul is using the action the action I that I think he is using for that build, then he has a 110 Long action with the Short 223 Stagger-feed mag.

trappst
10-05-2011, 10:33 PM
The ejection issue has nothing to do with the staggered or center feed......it's all an issue with case length. The short length of the empty Fireball, 300 blk, what have you creates problems. As sha-ul pointed out, the case extracts fine but then drops free before being thrown from the action.

Here's the thread that I was trying to recall:

http://savageshooters.com/SavageForum/index.php/topic,44693.0.html

sha-ul
10-05-2011, 11:35 PM
If Sha-ul is using the action the action I that I think he is using for that build, then he has a 110 Long action with the Short 223 Stagger-feed mag.

Yup ;D

Finally got to shoot it a bit too 8)
too bad it was only 25 yards, but as time passes, hopefully I can stretch her lags a bit.

D.ID
10-06-2011, 12:16 AM
I also have one in the works. should be together next week. mcgowen 16.5" varmint 1in8 barrel, Gemtech raptor suppressor, B&C duramax, model 12 sporter action inbound from northlander, 3200 10x40 on a 20 moa base should still only reach 430 yards, test loads with 225 hornady/190 berger vld/200 berger hibrid, devcon and dremel ready and waiting............I could not talk myself out of it. I tried but the 338 specter convinced me I needed it and then I could not find a barrel or get a response from the makers of it so I had to try the widely available WTF. I figured WTF.

thehouseproduct
10-07-2011, 01:00 PM
I have an LRPV with a 300WTF barrel. Obviously I can't comment on feeding from a magazine, but I can say that long heavy bullets don't feed from the single shot divot in the action. The nose dives into the face of the barrel below the chamber. One has to push down on the back of the round and guide it into the chamber. For a fun gun, this doesn't bug me.

Also, as mentioned above, the empty case falls off the bolt head before being thrown from the action whether cycled fast or slow. I have 1:8" twist 16" Sinarms barrel with a surefire comp.

bootsmcguire
10-07-2011, 09:43 PM

Yup ;D

Finally got to shoot it a bit too 8)
too bad it was only 25 yards, but as time passes, hopefully I can stretch her lags a bit.

Thought so ;)

If you have not already, get some pics of 'er up. Kinda want to see what my old girl has grown up to become.

sha-ul
10-07-2011, 11:58 PM
Thought so ;)

If you have not already, get some pics of 'er up. Kinda want to see what my old girl has grown up to become.

I'll try to get some pics up soon.

Chameleoncamo
10-11-2011, 02:58 AM
Thought so ;)

That is an absolute must. I demand them :)

sha-ul
10-11-2011, 09:22 AM
Thought so ;)

That is an absolute must. I demand them :)

work is chaos right now, maybe in a few...

jmccoy
10-11-2011, 03:52 PM
So has anyone came up with a viable solution to the extraction issues?