PDA

View Full Version : Fitting

Phenom
10-04-2011, 09:38 PM
Hows everyone doing?

I'm new to the forum, new to rifles as well. The Savage 11FCNS that i ordered recently will actually be my first. I have a couple of attachment questions.

First, would the EGW: Savage Round Back Picatinny Rail Scope Mount Silver (http://www.egwguns.com/savage/savage-round-back-picatinny-rail-scope-mount-silver/) and what rails would fit so that I could add a bipod?

I understand these questions seem extremely basic, but I'm not sure how similar this rifle is to the others on the line.

Thank you in advance.

J.Baker
10-05-2011, 09:16 PM
Yes that rail will fit your rifle (you'll want the short-action model).

As for what accessory rail will fit so you can add a bipod, most bipods (Harris, Caldwell, Stoney Point, etc) are designed to mount to the front sling swivel stud so there's no need to add a rail to the forend.

Phenom
10-05-2011, 09:19 PM
Thank you very much thats exactly what i needed to know. As for the swivel stud, i have not received the rifle yet so i am unaware, but i had watched a video on youtube that stated you must drill a hole in order to install the bipod? It was Savage but not the same model.

keeki
10-05-2011, 09:33 PM
the model 11 comes with a swivel stud on it and some bipods will have a place to attach your sling

Phenom
10-05-2011, 09:46 PM
Thanks for all the help, I doubt i'll be of much assistance on here to anyone on here but i'll keep posting whenever i can.

J.Baker
10-06-2011, 09:23 PM
YW, and if you stick around awhile and follow the threads you'll pick up a ton of information in short order and before you know it you'll be answering other people's questions.