PDA

View Full Version : Action Screws

bbradford71
10-04-2011, 10:14 AM
I was cleaning my rifle last night when I discovered that the rear action screw was loose, this is the action screw that is at the rear of the trigger guard. I attempted to tighten it up with an allen wrench only to find that it will not tighten down. I removed the screw to see if there was any thread damage or anything I was missing to find that it is not the same type of screw as the other two action screws, it is very similar to a wood screw, the other two action screws are similar to a bolt. I also discovered that the rear action screw threads straight into the plastic of the stock and is apparently stripped. I am rather new to all of this and need your expert advice, what can be done about this?

Thanks In Advance

keeki
10-04-2011, 10:20 AM
Just a trigger gaurd screw, it dont screw into the action.

bbradford71
10-04-2011, 11:12 AM
Ok, so nothing I should be concerned with!

keeki
10-04-2011, 11:17 AM
You could always fill it with some epoxy let it set and redrill it. As far as its function, it just holds the rear of the trigger gaurd.

rjtfroggy
10-04-2011, 04:30 PM
Only needs to be snug enough to hold the rear of the trigger guard in place. Take a wooden match stick insert in the hole and trim off even with bottom of stock then screw it back in and you should be good to go.