PDA

View Full Version : barrel thread exposed.

eltiburon33
10-03-2011, 03:34 AM
i had ordered a barrel from Devin back in April, and i received it this august, let me tell you I'm am really impressed with the difference in accuracy it made. local gunsmith did the work, noticed there's about 2-3 threads exposed after the recoil lug/nut.. should i be concerned? i already put 40 rounds through it without any problems.

heres what it looks like.
http://i1039.photobucket.com/albums/a474/noah429/thread.jpg

scope eye
10-03-2011, 06:52 AM
Hey 33 that's the way I order my new barrels with more threads on they end, so when it gets shot out all you have to do is RE-THROAT it, and you still have enough meat at they end of the barrel, you got a freebie.
Dean

northlander
10-03-2011, 10:39 AM
From your photo it looks like your barrel is a Large Shank. I say that because of the length of the barrel nut skirt.

It appears that the barrel itself was machined with the thread length for a Small Shank (longer). As long as your gunsmith head spaced it correctly you should be just fine.

Jim Briggs
NSS

kleeber
10-04-2011, 08:07 AM
Maybe he thought you were going to use a thicker recoil lug. Can't tell, but it looks like a factory lug to me, not a thicker aftermarket lug. Like scope eye said, gives you extra meat if you ever want to set the barrel back. Wish mine all had that.