PDA

View Full Version : Say Hi to the new guy...

fgw_in_fla
09-30-2011, 05:32 PM
Greetings gentlemen (and ladies if applicable).
I've been using this site for about six or seven months for tips & tricks and have to say, my .270 win. & my 30.06 are shooting & working fantastically. I finally decided to sign up to say hello from a confirmed Savage shooter / addict. I just bought a new barrel for my .270 as I have noticed to COL of my ammo is getting longer. In fact, the rounds I made for the existing barrel will stick out of the new barrel by 3/8ths of an inch. I though this to be a little unusual and figured I'd ask those who know. Could it be my existing barrel was cut with a deeper throat? Or, is it most likely worn away. I guestimate the barrel to have about a gazillion rounds fired thru it. It was built in '99. I've owned it for 7 years and it's at the range every weekend & occasionally a weekday. Typical rounds fired in a typical day - approx. 50 to 60. Since I've read every post in this site about barrel changing (including the one from "jinx" which had me laughing so hard I almost peed my drawers), and I aquired all necessary tools, I don't expect much difficulty. When we get to the part about a new scope for long range shooting on my '06, I'll be brimming with stoopid questions. Thanks for all the help I've used from everyome here and if you have 2 cents you want to throw in the hat about my new barrel that the home rolled round stick out of, I'm listening.
Frank

seanhagerty
09-30-2011, 05:35 PM
I got no answers, but welcome to the site!!

keeki
09-30-2011, 07:04 PM
I wouldnt! If I had one that was shot that much and was still accurate I would just set it back and keep shooting it.lol. Or put it in a trophy case.

Mudcat
09-30-2011, 07:34 PM
Hello new guy from another new guy.

wbm
09-30-2011, 07:44 PM
Hello new guy from another new guy.

Welcome! Like your signature line. Hope we never have to say that in America but we should be ready if we must.

gotcha
09-30-2011, 09:17 PM
Welcome to da brudderhood of da Barrel nut! Sounds like you'll fit right in. :)

DanSavage
09-30-2011, 09:24 PM
Hi, nice to meet you. I'm Dan and I'm a Savaholic, I just bought powder and primers and didn't tell my wife yet. :-[

gotcha
09-30-2011, 11:53 PM
Dan, there's got to be a 12- step program in your area..... Mine starts w/ (1) sort by weight (2) chamfer & de-burr..............

GaCop
10-01-2011, 06:00 AM
Welcome to the boards. There's a wealth of information available here, both from members that have "been there, done that" and the tech articles.