PDA

View Full Version : Axis tactical stock mod

Kaianuanu
09-27-2011, 07:49 PM
I got my axis in 270 win about a month and a half ago and i love everything about it except its stock. I love the trigger too because i modded it before i ever shot it. I was wondering if I could buy a 111 or 110 tactical stock and modify it to accept the axis recoil lug or will it just never fit.

Kaianuanu
09-27-2011, 07:52 PM
I would also have to get a magazine that fits the stock.

J.Baker
09-28-2011, 10:44 AM
There's no aftermarket support for the Edge/Axis other than a Timney trigger and scope mounts. I'd venture to say there won't be for awhile either (if ever) since it's such a new model and Savage's track record of introducing something and then dropping it a couple years later in favor of something different. Also, for the aftermarket to really get on board with something there needs to be a big demand, and I just don't see a big demand for people wanting to spend a lot of money customizing a $275-300 rifle.

Most guys who will buy an Axis do so because it's cheap and it will be a one week a year rifle for deer hunting or the like. In short, they're the bolt-action equivalent to the H&R Handi Rifle.

Kaianuanu
09-28-2011, 02:08 PM
I know there are no tactical stocks made specifically for the axis but i was wondering if i could modify a 110 or 111 stock to accomodate the axis recoil lug.

CJ in WY
09-28-2011, 03:59 PM
Was looking at the stock the other day while swapping barrels out on the Axis. It would be easy enough to bed the recoil lug in but setting something up to keep it a repeater would be challengeing!
Do what I did=Slap yourself and grab a much more user friendly action to play with. A barrel change and trigger job are easy fixes, after that your pissin in the wind.....

MX304
10-09-2011, 12:45 AM
It's not cheap, but XLR Industries tactical stocks will work with the Edge / Axis actions. I hope to build one early next year.