PDA

View Full Version : flcp-k and cdi

bt1001
09-27-2011, 07:20 AM
G'day,

I'm unsure if this has already been answered but....

I have an flcp-k in 308, i am after a cdi bottom metal kit but am unsure how it will fit with the trigger guard bolt release, will it work? what work do i need to do to make the cdi kit fit?

I have also got a choate tactical stock on the way, will it all be compatible or have i just overlooked the bottom bolt release not working with the cdi kit and stock?

Cheers for the help!

rusty815
09-27-2011, 10:55 AM
i dont remember, but last i heard jeff at CDI doesnt make one for the bottom bolt release yet, best way to be sure is to send him an email directly. also it may require a little inletting.

cf7go
10-04-2011, 07:35 PM
I did send him an email on this, He told me that he has to modify the way that the release works. I have the same gun as you. Wanting the CDI and a Manners. Just haven't done it yet.

PBinWA
10-05-2011, 09:58 AM
I have CDI bottom metal on my FCP-K. CDI gives a little L shaped biece of aluminum that presses on the end of the arm of the trigger guard bolt release. This extends the trigger guard bolt release arm into the upper front area of the trigger guard.

I pressed mine on too hard and it split. However, after fiddling around with it a bit I just took it off and can release the bolt by inserting my finger up inside the trigger area and holding the bolt release arm back. I have big hands and it really isn't that hard to do.

In fact, I would say that the trigger guard bolt release issue should be less of an "issue" because you can probably do this using any aftermarket stock.