PDA

View Full Version : Need help removing a SF mag from action

mugsie
09-23-2011, 06:23 PM
I have a model 12 BVSS which I'm trying to bed the stock on. My problem is removing the internal box mag from the receiver. For the life of me I can't figure out how to remove it other than bending the three tabs on one side straight, then trying to disassemble it from there. Am I doing it right or is there a trick which I'm not seeing? It's a SF blind mag which is attached to the receiver.
Thanks....

Cover Dog
09-23-2011, 06:30 PM
If it's a SF I can help. Take a wide blade screw driver and place it against the rear of the mag box where it joins the receiver and with one swift hit with a hammer (dead blow if you have it) the mag box will pop free. To re-assemble put front tab into receiver and using the screw driver with a little downward pressure hit it again. It should pop into place.

mugsie
09-24-2011, 07:10 PM
Bumped - anyone know of another way other than whacking the mag with a hammer?

ellobo
09-24-2011, 07:18 PM
Mugsie, That is the accepted wayt to remove that magazine. I have done it three times and it works and does not damage the maazine. Everyone on this forum will corroborate that method.

El Lobo

mugsie
09-25-2011, 09:23 AM
OK Cover Dog and Ellobo, I did it. Did it exactly like Cover Dog said - but I have to tell you, it's really unnerving to put a screw driver onto a piece of metal and whacking it with a large mallet! It popped out as you said, for that I'm grateful. Now I have to reverse the process when putting it back together huh? Let's hope it works as well as it did on removing it.

Thanks again guys.