PDA

View Full Version : MOdel 14 clip problem

smoker
11-09-2009, 08:23 PM
I have a model 14 in 7-08 w/DBM. It is almost impossible to lock the clip in place. It takes much to much force to get it to go home. I would relly like to do a fix as I will be using this rifle for deer hunting in a couple of weeks. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have lightly stoned the edges for possible burrs with no luck. Thanks, smoker

BillPa
11-09-2009, 09:00 PM
I had the same problem with my 14. The stock was inletted just enough to all the magazine to contact the action before the latch could engage to lock the mag in place. If you look to see where the latch button is located without the magazine then try install it you'll probably see its stopping short. You may also see the plate at the front action screw is slightly below the stock surface.

You can remove both the screws and the floor plate then put a small washer between the plate and stock to shim it out a bit.

Bill

smoker
11-09-2009, 11:30 PM
Thanks for your reply Bill. I got impatient and went after the mag with a file. I removed the action and barrel and the mag went right home. Then I noticed a faint rub mark on the bottom of the action where the front of the mag locates. took some material from that area and voila it went home without a hitch. Don't know why the problem existed in the first place. Must have been a friday gun :). Phil