PDA

View Full Version : Any shoots in Southern/Central CA?

Sundo
09-22-2011, 01:26 AM
Hi, everyone! I'm new to the Brotherhood of the Barrel Nut. My two new Savages are my first centerfire bolt action rifles. I plan to keep the 16 in .260 Rem and convert the 116 .30-06 to .308 soon, then to 6.5x55 later. I'm almost ready to mount a scope on the 16. I don't have cleaning supplies, yet. It should be ready to fire by mid-October.

Would anybody be interested in a range get-together in Southern or Central California? I live near Gorman, just South of the Grapevine off I-5. I'm available weekday evenings starting in mid-October, and weekends in November, with sporadic weekend availability before then.

eric_monster
09-24-2011, 02:08 PM
I am definitely in for a Socal/Central Cal Savage meet. Where were you thinking of?

Welcome to the Brotherhood of the Barrel Nut. I have two Savage 10FCP's. One is in the stock .308, and the other I just rebarreled on thursday to 6.5x47 Lapua. Just a note for barrel removal, they have a gorilla at the factory that tightens down the barrel nuts.

Eric

Sundo
09-27-2011, 07:16 PM
Angeles Shooting Range and Oak Tree Gun Club are convenient for me. Anybody else interested in a So. Cal. meetup?

roadkill46
09-28-2011, 09:59 AM
just go down to "South Central" i bet there's a lot of shooting going on! LBC Shooting Club!!!

ECVMatt
04-02-2012, 10:43 PM
Just posted this:

http://savageshooters.com/SavageForum/index.php/topic,49698.0.html

LoneWolf
08-15-2013, 09:39 AM
Stirring this thread back up. I'm looking to get into shoots at the NCSA Pala range (google it goes to 890yds) and also matches with the Gun Club (PM for further info). Are there any other Savage shooters in this area. It'd be cool to be able to spot for eachother as well as shoot together.

wlleven
11-06-2013, 10:48 AM
Hi, everyone! I'm new to the Brotherhood of the Barrel Nut. My two new Savages are my first centerfire bolt action rifles. I plan to keep the 16 in .260 Rem and convert the 116 .30-06 to .308 soon, then to 6.5x55 later. I'm almost ready to mount a scope on the 16. I don't have cleaning supplies, yet. It should be ready to fire by mid-October.

Would anybody be interested in a range get-together in Southern or Central California? I live near Gorman, just South of the Grapevine off I-5. I'm available weekday evenings starting in mid-October, and weekends in November, with sporadic weekend availability before then.

Well, to dig thisd thread up again ;- )

I live in Lancaster CA, and go to "Desert Marksman" and "A Place to Shoot" They are close to me and at Desert Marksman I have some serious range. They have 1000 yard matches I think once a month. I just joined this club, and since it is out in the sticks, there are no target stands so you must bring your own ....I'm having mine made, hopefully done this or next week ;- )

wll

CNC_Apps_Guy
01-01-2014, 03:57 PM
I'm a SoCal guy. Went to Lytle Creek yesterday. Their range isn't bad. The people were friendly.

A place to shoot looks good, Piru has a long range as well. There's some BLM land around too.

new hunter
01-30-2014, 10:31 AM
I'm in Bakersfield California. I go to 5dogs great place to shoot. Good people too. And they have stands

new hunter
01-30-2014, 10:34 AM

Hey sundo I'm in Bakersfield maybe we can meet up at five dogs one day. I work nights and off Sundays and Mondays