PDA

View Full Version : Could somebody get a weight for me on the Duramaxx

youngtrout
09-21-2011, 02:00 PM
Hello

Was wondering if someone could weigh a Duramaxx for me? I've searched the forum and the web, can't seem to come up with it.

Also, do the duramaxx's have a solid forearm? VS the factory stock which is pretty much hollow?

Thanks, pretty sure this is the route I'm going, would need to convert it to left hand, and the duramaxx is looking like the best choice for my build. I have kevin at stockade working on a Benchmark 7saum barrel for me, not yet confirmed but I was told the muzzle diameter should finish up at around .80 so need to go with the heavy barrel channel.

Thanks

laportecharlie
09-22-2011, 08:53 AM
Two pounds eight ounces on the one I have. Hollow forearm but quite a bit more rigid than a factory tupperware. I have converted two to LH . Its pretty easy and if you fill the bolt slot on the right side with Devcon or similiar it looks pretty good.
Charlie

youngtrout
09-22-2011, 12:55 PM
Thanks Charlie, hope to finally get this thing together,,,,by the time I'm done three tubes will have been screwed on your old action,,,,and 3 stocks

Good and bad for the savage, good they are easy to work on without a smith,,,bad because you can work on them without a smith!!

Opens up the door for change orders so to speak