PDA

View Full Version : EGW Bases

lwink
11-09-2009, 07:05 PM
Just curious if anyone knows the front height of the EGW 1 pc picatanny rail 20MOA elevated base for the savage short action? Or... how high of burris XTR rings I need to mount my 50mm bushnell 4200 scope. I was originally thinking meds (.5" high), but I'm thinking that if the elevated base is thicker I may be able to get away with the lows (.25").

Nitroused383
11-17-2009, 06:59 AM
With the EGW bases your will want the lowest rings you can get. Atleast this holds true on my remington and savage. On my remington I use the egw 20 moa base with the burris signature 30mm medium rings (.190") high with a 6-24x50mm SIII scope and I still have atleast .200" of clearance with a heavy barrel. I originally tried the Burris xtr medium height rings and they sat ungodly high.

rjtfroggy
11-17-2009, 08:41 AM
The Burris xtr rings are in a class of their own when it comes to measurements for height.Only real way to tell is go to their web site and look up the measurements. While there request a catalog and they will be printed along with the other ring heights for there brands.
I don't think they really have a low in the xtr I think it is = to a medium, the med.is a xtra high and the high is like xxhigh.
I made the mistake of assuming and was off by 2 sizes now I look up everything when I buy Burris rings,but for what its worth I think they make the best rings out there so it is worth the effort.

EGW1
12-04-2009, 08:21 PM
Just curious if anyone knows the front height of the EGW 1 pc picatanny rail 20MOA elevated base for the savage short action? Or... how high of burris XTR rings I need to mount my 50mm bushnell 4200 scope. I was originally thinking meds (.5" high), but I'm thinking that if the elevated base is thicker I may be able to get away with the lows (.25").

The Tactical rails are right around .400 tall at the front. The HD rails are at .350, we made them a little lower. they are made from 7075 so the material is a little stronger.

geo

dbranger94
02-17-2010, 02:45 AM
The Tactical rails are right around .400 tall at the front. The HD rails are at .350, we made them a little lower. they are made from 7075 so the material is a little stronger.

geo

What are the heights of 0 MOA tactical rails?

02-19-2010, 10:41 AM
I wish I had read this sooner! I have a EGW 20moa for both my Savage 12 6.5X284 Norma, and my Rem 700 .308. I have a Valdada IOR 4.5-14X40 in Burris XTR rings. I thought the mediums would work also, I can get my fingers between the bottom of the scope bell and the top of the varmint weight barrel!!!! I ordered XTR lows and a cheek rest from blackhawk, they arrive today, so hopefully it will work. I have to keep my cheek almost completely off the stock as it sits now. I had no idea the EGW base was so tall!!

02-25-2010, 12:31 AM
The EGW base is pretty tall, but it turns out the Burris rings I was sent were actually high not medium(sent back for refund). I now have the lows on the rifle and it works out quite well. Still higher than I am used to(getting as close to the barrel as possible) but I can get used to it!!!