PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: PDC Custom stocked MKII TR, now with photos

mike240
09-17-2011, 07:16 PM
I received my PDC stock in desert tan. I mounted my barreled TR action into it with a 20 moa EGW base, TPS rings and a 4-16 Millett mil dot I had lying around. stuck a Harris bipod on the front end and an SPR grip for an AR15 which did require a little trimming though other AR grips I had fit with no issue). Looks good.

I had heard of the quality of the stock and I must agree. No issues at all in setting everything up. Mine has the adjustable butt piece as well. Craig was great to deal with and kept in touch with me throughout the process. Bear in mind that these are made as ordered so do not expect to get next day shipping!

This was my "test" of the stock before ordering one for .308 Savage.

I had some old (like 10 years old) CCI Sihloutte ammo around that I have been shooting through the TR pre PDC stock. I zeroed at 50 yards then I shot fifteen 10 shot groups on 1/2 dots from a bench with rear bag support on the sandbag ski that also came on the stock. I got three of those groups with all shots within the dot. On other dots i would get one to three flyers of an inch to as much as three inches. But I put this on ammo as it is not the best and very old. I hope to get some of the better match type to try soon.

The TR never shot that well in factory form no matter the torque of the action screws. No I never bedded or replaced the bottom metal. There is a lot of contact engagement on the receiver in the PDC stock. And no more messing with torque settings due to weather and swollen wood between the bottom metal and action (what little wood there is)

I am very happy with this and look forward to getting my next PDC so that I have the .22 and the .308 in the same stock for consistency.

I will get some photos up as soon as my kid shows me how!!

http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/mikes46/100_2884.jpg

http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/mikes46/100_2881.jpg

These are not great but you get the idea. I can try better ones later.

jwv
09-17-2011, 07:20 PM
Craig is excellent to work with an makes a terrific product. I ordered one of his 110 stocks a year and a half ago. Just beautifully made. Be sure to post some pics of that thing.

Digi2496
09-18-2011, 05:02 AM
Nice design, congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Rifleman51
09-19-2011, 10:13 AM
It's a very nice looking rifle, I'll bet the accuracy will be good.
I like wood, that type of stock is not my style, but I think you have yourself a rig that will shoot great.
Congrats on a fine rifle.

My Best, John K

janizary
11-17-2011, 01:12 PM
Mike, this thread and a few over at SH got me to pull the trigger and get ahold of Craig. He is very pleasant to work with and treated a retired LE well. I ordered a stock for one of my MKIIs and one of his brand new stocks that is compatible with the accustock Savage rifles (not listed on the website yet). The MKII chasis should be on its way, and the chasis for one of my 10PCs is being built. I'll post some pics of both once they arrive, but I just wanted to chime in on your thread, as it is part of what started my latest buying madness ;)

GotCox
11-17-2011, 05:35 PM
Very nice rifle. Did you ever get some better ammo out and see what kind of group it was able to make with good ammo? Is the action bedded into this stock? I wish someone had pictures of one of these stocks without the action and barrel in it. Would like to see what is hidden under them. :)

janizary
11-18-2011, 01:57 PM
GotCox, when mine arrive I'll take some pics of the 'empty' stocks for both so folks can use as a reference.

sharpshooter
11-18-2011, 04:56 PM
Is the chassis aluminum?

janizary
11-18-2011, 05:59 PM
Yes, machined from aluminum.

Here is a decent walkthrough:

http://www.snipercentral.com/pdc.htm

sharpshooter
11-18-2011, 11:41 PM
I'd be interested how it shoots, typically rimfires and aluminum stocks don't get along very well.

janizary
11-19-2011, 05:03 PM
I'll be posting up range results for 50 and 100y once it arrives. I've got my results from the same rifle with the tupperstock, and with the TR stock I put on it as well.

If I've been a complete idiot (which my wife tells me has been known to happen), it would make an interesting (and rather expensive) lamp ;) (Picture 'A Christmas Story' but replace let with chassis)

janizary
12-07-2011, 06:17 PM
My stock came in and I got it mounted. The Millett TRS-1 on it now is being replaced by a Millett LRS. I'm just waiting on lower rings (it comes with MASSIVE rings, but they are seriously sky-high).

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-x0pbQ5Bnj-c/TtEtfQaSW3I/AAAAAAAAADA/UPGd0aFDdF8/s816/Rear_Angle_Bench.jpg

My plan is to post a review of both stocks (and range results) once I have both in. Still have a bit of a wait left on the Model 10 chassis.

GotCox
02-13-2012, 05:31 PM
Did you ever get a chance to go out shooting this thing so we can check out some groups? Thanks.