PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with Boyds

youngtrout
09-14-2011, 12:10 PM
Dang, they sure are not supporting the left handed crowd. Just got off the phone with them and they are not offering any left hand bolt, left hand shooter stocks for ANY Rifle.

I inquired about not cutting a bolt, they can't do that either. Whatever I guess, won't be supporting them, or can't support them.

rusty815
09-14-2011, 02:56 PM
i was looking into getting a stock from them a while go, im also left handed. when i went to their site and realized they didnt have anything left handed for the 4.4" spacing, i was really dissappointed. i really wanted to get their thumbhole stock and even called in telling them so.

youngtrout
09-14-2011, 05:01 PM
ya, the guy I spoke to pretty much said there was nothing he could do. I mean its not like they don't "make" stocks, maybe its so automated now and maybe they are big enough they don't want to deal with any special order.

Thought putting one out without a bolt cut wouldn't be a big deal,,,,it is weird too, they make left handed stocks, but for right handed guns,,,,,,,seems like flawed marketing to me, I can see it for mausers, went there myself, but for a proction gun with left handed models?

Most likely going to go with Richards, they have always done well by me, they can actually make something you order, just don't like the 6-8 week wait, but looks like the only option if I want a laminate thumbhole.

rjtfroggy
09-14-2011, 05:07 PM
Most likely going to go with Richards, they have always done well by me, they can actually make something you order, just don't like the 6-8 week wait, but looks like the only option if I want a laminate thumbhole.

Check Stocky's they may have one that is left handed.

youngtrout
09-14-2011, 05:56 PM
He had a couple lh bolt lh actions a few months ago, must have sold them,,,,,,should have jumped on it

Nor Cal Mikie
09-14-2011, 10:46 PM
If you guys are thinking about "left handed" stocks, get a right hand stock, plug the bolt handle cut and recut it on the left side. Get a stock in a color that will be easy to color the plug to get a close match.
The action cut is the same, left or right. Just the handle slot is on the other side.
And if you're thinking Richards, I hope you arn't thinking Richard's Micro-Fit.
They're "left hand" action cut is a real joke! They're left hand cut is moving the bolt release lever to the left side along with the handle slot. ???
And they have "no way" to change any of the action cuts. ( or they don't know how??) Probably the latter. :(
Sounds real easy to us to cut the inlet and leave out the bolt handle slot but it "does not compute" with them. ::)
Been there, done that and did the modifications myself.
Right hand thumbhole benchrest stock fitted for a left hand action. 8)