PDA

View Full Version : E.R Shaw heavy barrels for Stevens 200

alvgalb
09-12-2011, 02:45 PM
Hi,

I found Midway USA have an ER Shaw heavy (Varmint Contour) barrel for Savage 110 series (Small Shank 1/10 wist, 20", $ 140).Does anybody knows if I can put this heavy barrel in a Stevens 200 stock or I would need to change the stock? In that case what would be a stock suggesion?

Thank you very much

airaddict
09-12-2011, 02:51 PM
That barrel is WAY to beefy for the stevens stock.

Depends on what u wanna spend. Boyds has good stocks. And well priced. Lots of good synthetic stocks out there too.

Brian

Eric in NC
09-12-2011, 03:17 PM
A Durramaxx works well or you could just open up the channel in the Stevens stock (sandpaper on a deep well socket that is the right size). The heavy barrels look a little funny in a sporter stock but not too bad.

davemuzz
09-12-2011, 04:54 PM
You have some options like the fellows have stated. If you keep the original stock, you can sand it out to open it up....that doesn't really cost you anything but sandpaper and time. You could go the Boyd's route. They have some nice thumbhole stocks for about $100 plus shipping.....however, these are not pillar bedded so you will have some work to do on 'em....but once you spend a little time and not a whole lot of money pillar bedding 'em, you will have a good stock. Or you can get a good synthetic....pillar bedded....or even pricier...but easy drop in of aluminum machined bedded.

Pull the lint out of your pockets and see what kind of change falls out!!! :D ;) ;D

SuperChuck
09-18-2011, 11:18 AM
Or find a used tupperware stock designed for the heavy barrel.

The the short action heavy barrel channels are more common, but the 25-06 FP series and varmint series long actions had those stocks and they may pop up in the classifieds from time to time. You need to be a member to view the classifieds here, but there are "recycled" tupperware stocks on the board from time to time.

SC