PDA

View Full Version : New to savage, question on 116flhss

kj724
09-06-2011, 01:03 PM
Hello. I'm buying my second deer rifle in 35 years. My first one is going to my son. After much research and deciding on cal I decided on the 116flhss Weather Warrior. I found one online. It doesn't list accustock on specs. Contacted gunshop thru email and was told to talk with savage. Talked with savage and currently waiting on response from gunshop for serial #. My questions are: Should there be a price difference on the same model with or without Accustock?

Thanks in advance.

KJ

bluealtered
09-06-2011, 02:48 PM
Welcome aboard, yes there is. How much may depend on where you get it. I seem to remember it being around a $100, however i can be very well wrong as to how much. I'm sure someone will let us know for sure. blue

earl39
09-06-2011, 03:51 PM
Looking at the Savage website it would seem that Blue is correct and the difference is almost $100 (website shows difference to be $81 ) with accustock being the more expensive.

Gary

kj724
09-06-2011, 05:18 PM
Where did u find the price difference on Savage website? I looked and all the 116's had accutrig and stock. Also gunshop said it wasn't possible to get serial # until I received it and I could return it if not happy! No way to run a business if u ask me. Not sure but I may make the long drive to cabelas. It will cost more but I'll know what I have after paying.

Thanks again

KJ

earl39
09-06-2011, 06:36 PM
http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/models/

check the different models and it shows the suggested retail

kj724
09-06-2011, 10:01 PM
Thanks. Missed it b4. FSS is the only one w/o accustock. msrp is $80.00 less. Checked a bunch of sites and none lists accustock on specs. It would be nice if savage could add something to stock# to denote changes.

Thanks again

KJ