PDA

View Full Version : Magnum firing pin assembly

GaCop
08-27-2011, 11:14 AM
I'm in the process of changing a 110 action from 7mm Rem mag to 30-06. I have a 308 bolt head and baffle. My older bolt had the little "nub" inside the bolt body that I had to Dremel out in order for my bolt head to fit. When I inserted the original FP/spring into the bolt body, it protrudes from the 308 bolt head FP hole more than 1/8" and jams in the BH. I believe the shorter shaft on the 308 BH is the reason this is happening as the front nut on the FP does not make contact with the BH shaft (if it indeed is supposed to). Can I readjust the magnum FP to work with the 308 bolt head or do I need to replace the FP and spring?

Tom

thirty06
08-27-2011, 12:22 PM
Sounds like your trying to use a short action 308 bolthead. You need a long action bolthead.
I don't think you can adjust out the difference.

noelfr
08-27-2011, 01:31 PM
If you manage to do that and therefore have an extra magnum face/firing pin lying around drop me a pm. We can let the $ flow in a different direction.

GaCop
08-27-2011, 02:10 PM
It's been bugging me ever since I posted on the forums so after I finished yard work I went back to the shop and tackled it again. To make a long story short, I figured it out and have the bolt and an old three screw trigger installed waiting for the barrel to arrive. noelfr, PM coming your way.