PDA

View Full Version : How do I reach Jim at NSS # busy for days

pdkillr
08-25-2011, 04:20 PM
Tried calling several times last few days # busy. Sent an email to call me no reply yet. Am wanting to get barrels ordered before price increases on Criterions. Any help appreciated.
Thanks

northlander
08-25-2011, 06:41 PM
PDkillr,
Tuesday and Wednesday were nuts with calls. Today, Thursday is much better. I believe we spoke this afternoon.

Jim Briggs
NSS

jglover_81
08-25-2011, 06:59 PM
I'll take some of the blame for yesterday ;D I also was trying to beat the price increase!! Hope you got ahold of him!!

pdkillr
08-25-2011, 09:44 PM
Yes he did contact me will be ordering tomorrow.
Thanks

WYcoyote
08-25-2011, 11:56 PM
I sent a couple emails with my needs and looking for a price quote. No answer yet.

jglover_81
08-26-2011, 08:07 AM
Call him!! He is a great guy to talk to and he will be the first to tell you he doesn't check/respond to emails very quickly. Give him a call!! ;)

larrys1911
09-06-2011, 02:43 AM
Call him!! He is a great guy to talk to and he will be the first to tell you he doesn't check/respond to emails very quickly. Give him a call!! ;)

OH thats where I went wrong.....was trying to buy a barrel last month 4 emails spanning three weeks ..... Still havent heard back.
Next time ill pick up the phone, but email is so much easier for me.

Larry

jdhord
09-07-2011, 09:51 AM
I sent a FAX w/order details and that worked pretty well... that way he could call me back at his convenience. Now I just gotta wait patiently until my 8-twist .223 wylde gets here! :'(

davemuzz
10-30-2011, 06:26 PM
;D ;D ;DCome on Jim!!!......Read your email or your PM buddy!!!.....there's a request in there (yeah.....from me!!!) to buy one of your in stock barrels!!.......Easy Cash!!! ;D ;D :D ;)

But...if I don't hear from you.....I'll call. I got this $$$ that's just burning a hole in my pocket!!!

davemuzz
11-01-2011, 09:13 AM
Well......I found out it's just a whole bunch easier to call the guy and order what you want right there on the phone. My "new" Shilen 1-8 twist 6.5x55 Swede Varmit contour barrel is on it's way. ;D

I currently have a 6.5x55 in a 1-9 twist Shilen on my Savage action. I was considering selling it.....but after my Pronghorn hunting trip, I decided to keep it. This barrel shoots a 140gr. Berger VLD bullet at 2800fps with just a tad over the recommended load of RL-22 and with no pressure signs. Now, I would not recommend anyone else to try this UNLESS they work up this load very carefully with their gun.

I think with this 1-8 barrel twist it will be a whole new ballgame when I try some 140 Berger's and RL-22. I could be wrong, but I just think with the faster twist....I'm going to have a bit more barrel pressure to deal with, so my powder charges will need to be backed down some and maximum loads for the 1-8 twist will be less than the 1-9 twist. But, I'll see.

Dave