PDA

View Full Version : The perfect elk hunt

bluealtered
11-07-2009, 10:07 AM
This showed up last nite in the local paper, www.lagrandeobserver.com it is in the "b" section, outdoors. It is the perfect hunt for a sick young lady from minnesota. This big boy is a good example of the "poor" hunting we have to put up with here, he was about 25 miles from where i live, ... quit drooling.

She took him with one shot from one of those pesky, cheap .308 savages, at 372yds. It's a great story and should be online soon. blue

sinman
11-10-2009, 10:11 PM
http://www.lagrandeobserver.com/Features/Outdoor/Recreation/Teens-hunt-of-a-Lifetime

pdog06
11-10-2009, 10:50 PM
nice to read stories like that.

One of the ranchers I prarie dog hunt on does 4or5 hunts every year for wounded veterans. He does atleast 2 Antelope hunts, 1or2 Mule Deer hunts, and I think 1 whitetail hunt. The hunts are totally free of charge, and all they have to do is fly to and from Rapid City Airport. He picks them up there, houses them, feeds them, guides them, supplies them with guns and ammo if need-be, and takes them back to the airport.

Really, really cool to hear of people doing these kinda things. Thanks for posting it Blue.

handirifle
11-11-2009, 01:28 AM
"Brooke learned how to shoot a rifle at age 11"

I'd say THAT is a true statement. She learned and learned well. Nice going Brooke!

jasono
11-22-2009, 08:11 PM
What a great read. Thanks for posting. With all of the negative news it is great to read something positive like that.

Jason