PDA

View Full Version : Bad luck with scopes.

r29l20
08-21-2011, 07:37 PM
I had a cheap Tasco on my Stevens that failed, so I figuered now is the time to bite the bullet and spend some money. I bought a Zeiss conquest, done deal right, wrong. I mounted it up and tried to bore sight it, and the cross hairs were way to the left of aim, and did not move with windage adjustment. I was having a bad night by now. I brought it back right away and got a Nikon monarch instead. Everything is fine with the world again. I have had scopes fail in the past, but I never thought a Zeiss. I guess it's true, even the best can have a bad one. Just my luck to find it. :o

psharon97
08-22-2011, 03:48 AM
There are some scope makers that I'll never purchase. Those include Barska, Tasco, BSA, and pretty much any other walmart tacti-useless scope wannabe that one can find at walmart. These scopes may have a warranty, but getting the company to honor the warranty is another story.

Some scope companies I have purchased from and like: Leopold, Millet, Nikon, Zeiss, just to name a few. Reasons I like them (and these aren't all the scope manufacturers I'd purchase from if money grew on trees) is the support. Most high quality scopes have a superb warranty. If there is a problem with my scope, I can send it in to the factory, no questions asked, and receive a replacement, no questions asked.

GaCop
08-22-2011, 07:38 AM
Vortex are very reasonably priced scopes AND their "no BS" warranty is just that. If it's broke, they will fix or replace it. I'm using a number of Vortex scopes. Their Viper is an excellent scope for the money.

bluealtered
08-23-2011, 09:02 AM
I have had two scopes go down in the last month, a simmons wtc.(bushnell) and a brand new just mounted, died first time out weaver/nitrex. A new wtc was here in three weeks, the nitrex was just sent in yesturday so i will find out how weaver is soon. Vortex was very prompt when i had to use them. blue

ICUDIEN
08-23-2011, 09:52 PM
Vortex are very reasonably priced scopes AND their "no BS" warranty is just that. If it's broke, they will fix or replace it. I'm using a number of Vortex scopes. Their Viper is an excellent scope for the money.

+1 I love mine!

moecarama
08-25-2011, 10:10 AM
I hunted with a cheap Simmons scope for many years and right to this day never had a problem; then upgraded to an allegedly better scope and it cost me a nice buck. So,now I am going a step further and replacing everything with either Vortex or Sightron from this day forward. " just recieved my Viper PST EBR1 worth the wait.