PDA

View Full Version : Savage Accutriggers

Deluhathol
11-06-2009, 06:13 PM
So I have been looking at buying a Savage 30-06 and there is about a $140-$240 difference in price (depending on if its on sale) between having an accutrigger and not having one. Is the accutrigger really all that great considering I can drop in a Timney for cheaper? or should I get the one without and then invest that on top of what I already plan on spending for optics?

Blue Avenger
11-06-2009, 07:25 PM
I like the Timney route

dcloco
11-06-2009, 07:41 PM
I like the Timney route

+1

Eric in NC
11-06-2009, 07:50 PM
Don't know if I would go with a Timney (haven't tried one) but I would certainly go with an aftermarket over the accutrigger. The accutrigger is much better than typical "lawyer safe" factory triggers, but the ones I have played with are still a little stiff for me (they do break pretty clean though).

Best yet (for a hunting gun) is buying an old 3 screw Savage trigger from Northlander and replacing the trigger return spring with lighter weight wire. Easy way to a very crisp, reasonably light trigger!

82boy
11-07-2009, 12:35 AM
For about the same amount of money for a timney trigger you can get a SSS trigger and be leaps and bounds a head of the game. The accu-triggers are not bad for a factory trigger. the non-acu trigger guns are atrocious. The timney trigger is just a revamp of the old style factory trigger. The SSS trigger is the cats meow.

darkker
11-07-2009, 01:18 AM
I would go for the "other" Savage, the Stevens. SAME GUN EXACTLY, only no accutrigger, and a few hundred clams less than the Savage titled twin. Then take the money saved and buy a scope, whiskey, whatever you want.

Harriershot
11-07-2009, 11:29 AM
Get the SSS trigger, great trigger.

Charlie

Deluhathol
11-09-2009, 10:40 AM
thank you all very much for your help.