PDA

View Full Version : Add weight to Choate Tactical?

mattri
08-18-2011, 08:33 AM
Has anyone added weight to a Choate Tactical stock? I'd like to make it as heavy as possible, thinking lead shot or similar?

mscott71
08-20-2011, 06:11 AM
I removed the recoil pad and filled the hollow buttstock with bondo gel. It added a pound or so of weight and balanced the stock out nicely. If you add lead shot mix it well with some sort of glue or the bondo, so you don't have it rattling.

rinodods
08-20-2011, 08:53 AM
You are gonna need to mount tracks on that thing to move it around if you fill it up with lead. lol You can also do the same thing with steel BB's. Will add a little less of course but might be enough used the same way as suggested earlier. Might actually end up cheaper depending no how much you are wanting to add.

mattri
08-20-2011, 09:24 AM
Thanks for the replies.

Giturgun
09-05-2011, 06:25 PM
Weighted a Rem 700 vssf in a Choat Sniper and got it to almost 28 lbs. I melted lead and poured the fore arm full with a piece of pipe to get the channel round. Filled the pistol grip full and poured all I could get in the hi cheek piece.
I got it all out except the Pistol grip and tookoff the cheek piece. Now is filled with Bondo.