PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Hart stock and Stevens 200

dfwbob
08-16-2011, 07:52 PM
Does anybody have a Stevens 200 in one of the Bobby Hart stocks?

I would really like to try one in the Autumn pattern. My 200 really shoots great, but I can't stand the ugly assed factory stock that came on it. I figured I would just shoot it till the barrel needs replacing and then go with a 223 AI barrel on it. I would most likely replace the factory with a sporter contoured barrel when the factory 223 needs replacing.

Thanks

bootsmcguire
08-16-2011, 10:47 PM
I have one of the Hart LRT stocks on a SA-CF action wearing my CBI 28" 6BR Varmint Barrel. I like the stock, it rides bags and rests pretty well. Feels nice all around, but if you are going with a sporter barrel then I would assume that weight is an issue to you and this stock is a bit on the heavy side, which is what I wanted since mine see's 99% of its usage at the bench. The stock is nicely finished and was a 98% drop in for me. Minimal fitting was needed.

I don't know what the intended use of your rifle will be, but if you are going to do a rebarrel and go with this stock I would step up to a heavier profiled barrel to make the most of the rig, but again I don't know the intended use of your rifle and all of this may be moot for you.