PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: MKII FV-SR - Very happy owner

janizary
08-12-2011, 12:48 PM
Good day, all.

Waited on back-order for this little gun for a while and glad my patience really paid off!

Took it out to the range this morning just before sunrise (hey, its hot here in the summer!). Set up with a Millett TRS-1 4-16X50 30mm mil-dot (.1 mil adj.). Put on paper at 25 yards with the first 3-shot group, slid back to 50 yards and tightened things up with two more 3-shot groups, then put back at 100 yards and zero'd it in with 3 more 3-shot groups. Spent the rest of the morning putting 22 rounds in the same hole, or very very close (Federal Automatch and Wolf Target). Consistent time after time after time for each 3 shot group downrange.

Frankly, I couldn't be more happy with this little gun. Shoots tighter than my 10/22 with 18" Green Mountain BBL. This is one fun little 22 bolt action for under 3 bills.

This is my 3rd Savage now. Accutrigger on this one was a bit heavier from the factory than either of the other two, but it was not an issue. If nothing else, I'd say it was even more crisp of a pull than the other two. As a reference, the picatinny scope mount that comes with the FV-SR is from EGW (standard, not the 20MOA unit). Next time out at the County range, I'll be trying it at 200 yards, but I've got a feeling that I may need a 20MOA mount for that.

Here's a (not so great) picture:

http://members.cox.net/janizary/FA/SAV_FVSR/FV-SR%20Forum.JPG

04jeeper
08-12-2011, 01:34 PM
Yea I have had mine since may and love it. I use automatch in mine because I can't find a local place to get wolf. But it will rag a hole out at 50 yards. Only this g I have notice is with my can on it the accuracy is horrible. At 25 yards it's about a 1" or 1.5" group. Without the can it's doing .5" at 50

janizary
08-13-2011, 11:22 AM
Hmmm...I'll have to update once I can 'pick up' my TacSol can (Cascade Ti) from the dealer (told backlog on paperwork is about 3 months). Of course, I'll be using sub-sonic ammo when I test that, so I expect somewhat different results all the same. Have to tried sub-sonic ammo when using the can?

04jeeper
08-13-2011, 11:49 PM
uber quiet with subs. she eats it all has had some ejection problems with winchester though.