PDA

View Full Version : Need opinion on a Millett

bootsmcguire
08-08-2011, 07:36 PM
Ordered a TruGlo Scope from Natchez and turned out to have an issue. This is my 4th one and at the price I knew i'd get burned sooner or later on one. Anyway....

I am going to send it back and get something else, was looking at a Millett Buck Silver in 6-18x40. I have heard people talk about Millett scopes and it is usually good so I was thinking I'd give them a try.

Here's a link to the one I was looking at:

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=MIBK40708&CFID=41091361&CFTOKEN=54637869

Let me know what you all have run into with them.

Thanks,

Boots

psharon97
08-08-2011, 11:07 PM
Can't say for the Buck Silver, but I can vouch for the Buck Gold. They are pretty good scopes for the money, however, I think your best deal is going to be Vortex.

bootsmcguire
08-08-2011, 11:32 PM
I would agree with the Vortex. I have a 6x40 Crossfire and am happy with it. However since Natchez doesn't sell Vortex it's not an option since I can trade my defective one for a another of the same or towards something else they have in stock, I was thinking giving the Millett a try since its in the same price range and a better name brand (so I have heard).

Thanks.

bluealtered
08-09-2011, 09:37 AM
It's part of the bushnell group so it can be sent in for repairs if needed. The gold i had worked well, it simply was heavy for a carry rifle scope. If you call bushnell and ask they should tell you what it would cross over to in the bushnell line, thus giving you an idea of what you can expect if it has to be replaced. blue

LabRat2k3
08-10-2011, 12:49 AM
I have a Buck Silver in 3-9x40, it's a good scope. Clarity is around Nikon Prostaff level maybe just a little less, and not quite as good in low light. It is clear to the edges, adjustments are good, and it has held up well. I have had it for about six years and it has been used for several hundred rounds on a .308, .270, AR, and it's now on my .22mag. It's not a great scope, but a good scope, it's plenty of scope for hunting in my neck of the woods. I like it well enough that it has always been mounted on some rifle I have, but was always replaced with a little better scope. I think it will stay on my .22 mag because it is just enough scope for it, I don't think I would gain anything by replacing it.

bootsmcguire
08-10-2011, 01:04 AM
Thanks for your replies on this guys. I am seriously thinking about just going for it. We will see.

Rifleman51
08-11-2011, 02:58 AM
I have the model up with the side focus, the 4 X 16 X 56 and it's a great scope for the money. Great sharpness, I got the thin retical with the 1/8MOA dot. First time I put it on my accurized BRJ, I shot a perfect 5 shot grup, .222" across at 50 yards. I have not shot another perfect group, but it shoots like it has eyes, that scope really has helped me to shoot some fantastic groups. Spend a little more, they are worth it.

John

janizary
08-13-2011, 11:26 AM
Not in the same series, but I own three Millett tactical series (Two TRS-2 and one TRS-1) with another TRS-1 coming soon for another project I am building.

I've had zero issues with the ones I've owned thus far, though I have seen reports of others having issues with sticky side-focus knobs and/or power-rings. I'm quite pleased with my Milletts, but I've also never had to deal with their customer support, which I hear is horrible now that they've been taken over by Bushnell.

ShaneG.
08-16-2011, 06:35 PM
I have one that is the 6x25x56 LRS with the 35mm tube. It's big and heavy but works great so far it's seen probably 3000 rounds on my 22/250,.223,.308 and now my 260ai.