PDA

View Full Version : need help on what to do next

M.O.A.
08-04-2011, 04:50 AM
i have a stevens 223 im getting a shaw 24" magnum sportier barrel fluted, timeny trigger and boyds light varmint stock with glass and aluminum pillars .

after that im lost as to what to do to the action. would a savage bolt be good to put in it or would the stevens do the job and how do you jewel the action and bolt

MT4065
08-04-2011, 11:42 AM
Woulnt worry abour bolt upgrade lots you can do to polish up friction areas inside bolt. On jewelingyou can do it yourself. Tools are avaliable from Brownells and others I have used valve grinding compound and a drill press with a jig I made years ago to index the bolt so your pattern stays nice and even. Just takes time.

airaddict
08-04-2011, 11:54 PM
or you could get one of those sharp looking SSS fluted bolts or have them flute ur bolt. Im expecting one soon for my mag contour fluted 308 barrel model 16. I got black colored flutes to compliment my boyds FT in nutmeg color.

brian

M.O.A.
08-05-2011, 01:51 AM
or you could get one of those sharp looking SSS fluted bolts or have them flute ur bolt. Im expecting one soon for my mag contour fluted 308 barrel model 16. I got black colored flutes to compliment my boyds FT in nutmeg color.

brian
now that sounds bad a** would like to see it if you have a pic on here